A6 3.2 Quattro.

odonald

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2004 C6, I found the colour code which is LY7H Akoya Silver. I sent off my order and received back tin of spray paint. After spaying a patch on the car, it's different to the silver that is on the car. Has anyone else had this problem, what can you recommend as a good colour match, thanks.
zx11.gif

I am amazed you didn't pre-spray somewhere safe to check the paint. I think you might need to go to automotive paint shop and give them for example fuel cap cover so they can prepare exactly matching pain for your car. They can even can it these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently, plastic parts will show differently in shade to the meta parts. That's what body repair shops were explaining me when doing some jobs.
Now, I do not speak to these shops anymore as found a guy who perfectly painted by rear bumper when it was damaged.

You would be better off to go to one of these body repair places and get them to mix your paint while they have a car in front of them.
As for the mixed tin you got, speak to them and get it sent off as it's not matching the colour.
Think they might refuse it, tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is usually more than one shade of any factory colour, so without matching the colour swatch to the car there is no guarantee that the colour will be correct.