A6 Avant 2.0 TDI

Richiev6

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum as will be buying the above mentioned car hopefully in the next few months. After speaking to a few different people and the Audi dealership in Ellesmere Port, everyone seems to say get the automatic!

Now I have never had an automatic before but have driven them and I know it is down to personal choice but what do people think of the newer automatics.

Are you an automatic or manual person?

The car is likely to be 2013 or newer

Cheers

Personally I wouldn't touch a multitronic. I would definitely buy an stronic (I did) or manual over it. Saying that the stronic only came in on the A6 at the end of last year. The stronic is great.

Reactions: Richiev6
Cheers KevinA6, just read about the difference between the two and stronic does indeed sound better. The one I am looking at does have stronic but still undecided myself about manual or automatic. Time will tell when I test drive the two!

Reactions: KevinA6
Who is "everyone". Dealers will be keen to shift what is on their forecourt and if they are Autos then they will tell you that is what you should buy. Don't be sucked in by the promise of better economy. They may get better results with the EU tests but in the real world most seem to get closer tot he EU tests with the manual rather than the auto.

I currently have a 2012 2.0TDi Manual and have a 2.0TDi Ultra Manual on order. Despite doing a lot of town driving I still prefer the manual (not to mention the lower initial price and also the lower running costs - S-Tronic and Multi both need a £175 fluid change at 38k. Also the stop/start system works better with the manual than the auto (with the auto you either have to blind the driver behind keeping your foot on the brake or put the car in Park). You will only get a 2.0TDi with S-Tronic if it comes with the Ultra engine prior to that they had the Multitronic box.