A6 Avant 2.0T FSI damaged exhaust

Audi G Indahaus

Reaction score
Hello fellow Audi owners!

I ran over a dead fox (RIP) last month whilst touring in Oxfordshire... must have been dead for a while because it was like a concrete block! ...immediately the car sounded rough as hell and obviously damaged somewhere in middle section probably where it splits into 2 sections (i am only guessing this as its a 4 pot with dual pipes at the back).

Anyhow it has now unsurprisingly failed its MOT and the insurance company are using some clueless garage who have no idea what to do with the car... so looks like they will try to duck out of the claim, unsurprisingly! :sign unfair:

Sooo does anyone know someone who could weld this? My own local MOT mechanic thinks its a special order part from Germany £££ requiring replacement the whole middle section... :blink: could that be right?

Many thanks in advance for any learned advice, most gratefully received :thumbs up:

G.
A6 Avant 2.0T FSI Mar 2008, pearlescent silver

Hello fellow Audi owners!

I ran over a dead fox (RIP) last month whilst touring in Oxfordshire... must have been dead for a while because it was like a concrete block! ...immediately the car sounded rough as hell and obviously damaged somewhere in middle section probably where it splits into 2 sections (i am only guessing this as its a 4 pot with dual pipes at the back).

Anyhow it has now unsurprisingly failed its MOT and the insurance company are using some clueless garage who have no idea what to do with the car... so looks like they will try to duck out of the claim, unsurprisingly! :sign unfair:

Sooo does anyone know someone who could weld this? My own local MOT mechanic thinks its a special order part from Germany £££ requiring replacement the whole middle section... :blink: could that be right?

Many thanks in advance for any learned advice, most gratefully received :thumbs up:

G.
A6 Avant 2.0T FSI Mar 2008, pearlescent silver

Have a check on eBay for a used system.
I got one for my A4, from cat back, for £50, in much better nick than my own.