A6 Avant 2008 C6 - Rear Washer leak and blown BOSE amplifier.

mikewoodhouse89

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently acquired a 2008 A6 Avant - Le Mans Special Edition, of which, due to a leak with the washer system, the BOSE system had unfortunately blown.
I've since replaced the amplifier for an exact replacement and having it re-coded early next week (so the component protection system disappears); however, I can't, for the life of me, figure out what's caused the leak nor find any potential fixes to resolve that issue on here. Has anyone had the same problem and managed to resolve it with a fix/kit etc.?

Best,
Mike.

One common issue was the rear washer pipe splitting due to fatigue and poor support. The rear washer pipe runs into the boot lid via the hinge/support on the left side, this is usually the failure point. I have linked a service bulletin from the US which details how to remove and repair it, may be useful.
US TSB for rear washer

Reactions: mikewoodhouse89 and daytonamart
This is great!, appreciate the info mate! I'll look into removing the mentioned panels and seeing if it is indeed the underlying issue.

*Next question * The rear Passenger side trims are all pretty solid, has anyone here taken these off with ease? Can they just be pulled off with a bit of elbow greese or are there any hidden screws that I cannot see?