A6 avant 3.0TDI arrived

Andy525

Reaction score
Todays the day my A6 avant arrived and I couldn’t be happier. I’m now officially part of the audi family. Apart from wanting a set of 20” alloys, I’m over the moon with it. So if anyone has any 20” alloys for sale I may be interested. Thanks for everyone’s advice when I was searching for the right one, it was appreciated.
Cheers

Andy

Attachments

• 62A4209D-2DCE-4EFC-9154-EE840E8DA4F1.jpeg
    62A4209D-2DCE-4EFC-9154-EE840E8DA4F1.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 158
Reactions: J10NMM and Andy Wills
congrats.
the c7 a6 are nice, was that good I had 3 of them.
you aren’t missing much with the 20s, ride on some roads can be uncomfortable. I had 18s, 19s and 20s. The 18s was best for comfort and noise and the 19s were the nicest compromise, 20s were for good looks only imo unless you had the air suspension

congrats.
you aren’t missing much with the 20s, ride on some roads can be uncomfortable. I had 18s, 19s and 20s. The 18s was best for comfort and noise and the 19s were the nicest compromise, 20s were for good looks only imo unless you had the air suspension
I have no idea if I have air suspension. How would I know? What do I look for?

Have a look in the MMI drive select menu under individual. If you have air suspension then there will be an option to change suspension settings

You can download and set up the MyAudi app, it'll tell you what your original spec is/was.

You can download and set up the MyAudi app, it'll tell you what your original spec is/was.
I’ve downloaded the app but as part of the set up it asks for numbers on an activation card. I do t have the card and Audi says it will cost £60-£80. What does the card give me? Is it worth purchasing?

I’ve downloaded the app but as part of the set up it asks for numbers on an activation card. I do t have the card and Audi says it will cost £60-£80. What does the card give me? Is it worth purchasing?
All I did was download amd stick my chassis number in. Pretty sure that was all I had to do - definitely didn’t have to buy anything.

I have no idea if I have air suspension. How would I know? What do I look for?
Folk who want air suspension normally opt for the Allroad which has it as standard.
Of course the S6 with its rock-hard suspension also has it as standard.

congrats.

Completely disagree, Mine has 20's on the slightly stiffer black edition suspension and it feels no different than when I popped a set of 18's on to have the 20's repaired.

Over the years I've owned many cars with 21's, 20's & 19's fitted all lowered 30-40mm and some polybushed. All I have to say is the A6 on 20's is a smoother more comfortible ride than most.

Completely disagree, Mine has 20's on the slightly stiffer black edition suspension and it feels no different than when I popped a set of 18's on to have the 20's repaired.

Over the years I've owned many cars with 21's, 20's & 19's fitted all lowered 30-40mm and some polybushed. All I have to say is the A6 on 20's is a smoother more comfortible ride than most.
It is a question of taste. One's previous cars also enter into the equation.

Someone used to an S car would probably hate my SE suspension and 17" wheels. I value a quiet, comfortable ride above all else and am quite happy to sacrifice a bit of corner speed - and appearance - for that benefit.