A6 Avant C7 pre facelift bumper upgrades

Nathan89

Reaction score
Hi all, I've got a few questions about my A6. Hope you can help

It's a 2011 A6 Avant C7 chassis SE spec - I'm assuming it's pre facelift as it's the 2011.

Would the facelift S line front and rear bumpers fit straight on?
Also would the S line side skirts fit straight on?
I've been looking at some diffusers and splitters but being a Billy basic se pre facelift the options are not very appealing to me so thinking that getting facelift S line kit on it would look a lot better

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

Facelift bumpers will only fit a pre-facelift if you also replace the front and rear light units as well and as your car is an SE, I assume it has halogen headlights. The facelift upgraded the headlights to Xenon on the SE and LED on the S-Line so it is unlikely you will be able to find any halogen facelift headlights meaning you will have the added expense of upgrading wiring etc to switch from halogen to Xenon or LED

Facelift bumpers will only fit a pre-facelift if you also replace the front and rear light units as well and as your car is an SE, I assume it has halogen headlights. The facelift upgraded the headlights to Xenon on the SE and LED on the S-Line so it is unlikely you will be able to find any halogen facelift headlights meaning you will have the added expense of upgrading wiring etc to switch from halogen to Xenon or LED
Fortunately I have optional extra bi xenon headlight and led upgrade I'll post a picture to see if this is what your talking about
IMG 20210627 175944
IMG 20210627 180010

Pictures of a pre facelift Austrian spec S-Line which to me bodywise is identical to a UK spec SE. Looks fine to me. With a UK spec SE I'd be looking for improvements to the suspension plus the wheels.
John.
Yes it dose look well that, I've got optional extra 19x8.5 wheels on mine already which is a bonus and definitely wanting to put coilovers on I've been looking into this as well
IMG 20210626 175130

Re: Coilovers - be careful what you wish for. Personally I would not want to compromise the quality of the ride any further if you are already on on 19"s. You've already lost almost an inch of sidewall compared to the standard 17's on the SE.

On the other hand, I have never lowered any of my cars.

I suppose that if one always lowers one's cars, one gets used to the fidgety and noisy ride. And I admit to being a fussy old fart who likes A8's on air springs so maybe take no notice!

I think the car looks great as it is on the outside. How about doing something to upgrade the inside, maybe a FBSW?

Pictures of a pre facelift Austrian spec S-Line which to me bodywise is identical to a UK spec SE. Looks fine to me. With a UK spec SE I'd be looking for improvements to the suspension plus the wheels.
John.
Yes it dose look well that, I've got optional extra 19x8.5 wheels on mine already which is a bonus and definitely wanting to put coilovers on I've been looking into this
Re: Coilovers - be careful what you wish for. Personally I would not want to compromise the quality of the ride any further if you are already on on 19"s. You've already lost almost an inch of sidewall compared to the standard 17's on the SE.

I suppose that if one always lowers one's cars, one gets used to the fidgety and noisy ride. And I admit to being a fussy old fart who likes A8's on air springs so maybe take no notice!

I think the car looks great as it is on the outside. How about doing something to upgrade the inside, maybe a FBSW?
FBSW? What is this?

Yes it dose look well that, I've got optional extra 19x8.5 wheels on mine already which is a bonus and definitely wanting to put coilovers on I've been looking into this

FBSW? What is this?

FBSW? What is this?
FBSW = Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Reactions: Nathan89
Fortunately I have optional extra bi xenon headlight and led upgrade I'll post a picture to see if this is what your talking about View attachment 239402View attachment 239403
You will probably still need to source facelift lights as the shape of the light units for both front and rear changed with the facelift. As you already have the xenon headlights and LED rear lights that will hopefully address the wiring issues, unless Audi changed the wiring at the facelift. If that is the case I am sure somewhere on the Internet you will find either someone who sells a converter loom or else instructions as to how to adapt the wiring.

Have a look at my thread on this

Have a look at my thread on this

Looks ace mate, have you tried other coilovers before you fitted these?
Where did you buy them from if you don't mind me asking.

Hi Nathan89,

Have you changed your front bumper and headlights? I am looking to change my bumper and lights too. Was it just straight swap or you had to do some additional work like changing wires, plugs etc?

I have the same bi xenon lights.

Thanks

Hi Nathan89,

Have you changed your front bumper and headlights? I am looking to change my bumper and lights too. Was it just straight swap or you had to do some additional work like changing wires, plugs etc?

I have the same bi xenon lights.

Thanks
No I haven't, I decided to keep the bumpers as they are but I am planning on fitting Coilovers and blacking out the chrome in the next couple of months. Unfortunately I have had to address alot of mechanical issues this past year so no visual upgrades so far