A6 Avant Quattro 50TDI Tyres

Donnythemanny

Reaction score
I took delivery of my new Audi about 6 weeks ago and have my first puncture, rear offside. My tyre pressures are 33 psi all round and I drive mainly in Auto mode. Two questions — are pressures a good choice as the pillar plate shows they can go much higher and are the 19” runflats prone to punctures? Anyone think it’s worth getting a space saver ?

I bought a space saver after getting a punter shortly after getting the car, the foam repair kit in the boot is a waste of time, haven't had any punter since but glad to have the space saver if i do. The standard tyres that come with the car are not run flats on the Audi. mine are 19s and definitely not run flats, i keep mine at 35psi all round.

I bought a space saver after getting a punter shortly after getting the car, the foam repair kit in the boot is a waste of time, haven't had any punter since but glad to have the space saver if i do. The standard tyres that come with the car are not run flats on the Audi. mine are 19s and definitely not run flats, i keep mine at 35psi all round.
Thanks Sean, you're right they aren't run flats, I'll up the pressures to 35.

Set them as indicated, 33psi is too low and give you higher wear and your tyres are no more prone to punctures than any other...

The mobile kwik fit guy replaced my tyre. He said the inflation kit and run flats ( fitted to beemers but not Audis ) are both a waste of time and if I didn't fancy recovery then carry a space saver to get me home. So I guess I will. He sorted the pressures as well.

Inside the tyre are blocks of foam glued to the tyre itself. These are for sound deadening he said, a fairly standard fitment these days apparently.