A6 C6 Avant 2007 newbie

Lord lucan

Reaction score
Hi,

I’ve just picked up my first Audi today and thought it would be a good move to register on here to learn and ask questions. I’m based in Bedfordshire, England.

I have a 2007 A6 Avant 2.0 TDi automatic with 73k miles on the clock. In the 30 miles or so I’ve driven it is a very nice comfortable drive. The seats are much nicer despite not being leather, than my previous Mercedes C Class with heated leather seats. The A6 is the SE spec with a few nice toys like sat Nav, paddle shift, 6 CD changer etc.

Could anyone let me know the cambelt & water pump interval please? Also does anyone know it’s likely to have auxiliary input as I could spot a socket anywhere? Failing that does the Bluetooth support audio playback?

Thanks in advance.

Another quick question for you guys: where the service book refers to “toothed belt” does that mean the cambelt or another belt such as auxiliary/serpentine belt?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice car!

'Toothed belt' almost always refers to the timing belt, serpentine belts aren't often toothed.

If you give a franchise dealer a call they can advise on the current recommended timing belt schedules.

I'd personally change the water pump whilst the belts off, if the belt change is fairly involved/expensive and the intervals are quiet long.

Reactions: Lord lucan
Nice car!

'Toothed belt' almost always refers to the timing belt, serpentine belts aren't often toothed.

If you give a franchise dealer a call they can advise on the current recommended timing belt schedules.

I'd personally change the water pump whilst the belts off, if the belt change is fairly involved/expensive and the intervals are quiet long.

Thanks very much for the reply. Its had the toothed belt done at 55k miles from looking at the service book so should be ok for a while yet.

Any ideas on the aux-in question? I think I have MMI 2g high in the vehicle but I’m not sure.

No worries, I'd check if there's a time limit for the timing belt too. They often include a number of years and a number of miles, like 'every 55k or 5 years'.

As far as I know the only Aux in would be a lead for the AMI (Audi Media Interface), which would be in the glovebox if fitted. If not, I think you'd have to have it retrofitted, or go for some after market solution.

Not sure about the Bluetooth, but given the age of the car I'd be surprised if it could stream music from your phone.

Thanks again, will take a proper look when I have time over the next few days with any luck.

Thanks for the info about the time aspect of the cambelt too....I’ll have another read of the service to see if that will be due sooner.

Reactions: Baka
Pretty sure my manual says every 75k for the belt change and as mentioned above do the water pump at the same time.

As for the aux in, look in the glovebox at the top, if you have Ami there will be a empty socket. Buy the relevant cable from eBay and off you go. I bought a usb one for mine and leave the stick in the glovebox