A6 C7 2.0 TDI Is my engine louder?

nomad90

Reaction score
Hi All, recently I noticed that my diesel engine is running a bit louder. No knocking sounds, no ticking sounds, nothing what would indicate bad injector or rod bearings. Just same diesel working sound but louder.
Below video showing the noise. I am now not sure if it's louder or just my mind is playing with me. No check engine light, no lights on dashboard. I even took it for a long ride 1.5hrs on a motorway/highway 70mph and even with engine fully warmed sound did not change.
I have read this thread here https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2-0-tdi-engine-noise-increased.376687/ however I had my timing belt replaced like 5k miles ago or less. Do you think still a belt could slip a tooth?
Thinking to take it to a mechanic to plug it into a computer to read injector readings if all is fine but not entirely sure if this is the right direction. Please view the video and listen.
In the second video the first mini rev is caused by releasing the clutch pedal whilst on neutral.

TBH, it just sounds like a diesel.....

When you have the engine cover off and your head under the bonnet, it’s always going to sound louder.

Hopefully someone with the same engine will do a comparison for you:racer: