a6 c7 audio system amplifier

Daniel-be

Reaction score
Hi.
I was wondering where I could find the audio amplifier in a6 c7 2013 avant?

In previous a6 c6 stock amp was placed in the trunk at the left side,now in that place I see only empty space.

I've got a basic audio factory setup, non-bose but with plastic subwoofer box next to battery in the trunk.

Are you looking to upgrade the amplifier? Mine's the same but I thought it was bose on the sline a6? Doesn't matter if it isn't like it still sounds great.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daniel-be
Yes indeed.
As long as there is no amp in the trunk box at the left side I don't think that this is a bose system.
So what I have is a active subwoofer box - I would like to get rid of that one and put another woofer with external amp.
I had such an upgrade done in my previous a6 c6.
The thing is that in c7 I cannot find any amp installed - so I was wondering how the speakers are powered? It looks like the sub box has a small amp inside,but the rest of the speakers.
Anyway it's not that important as long as I can find a place,where I could tap in to get a speaker signal - to connect high-low converter.
Could I tap into the wires,which come into the sub-box? How to check either they are speaker or power wires? Colours : 1/ brown with blue stripe 2/ blue

ad2e293eb65f8440.jpg

f37ebb308729c56b.jpg

There are only two wires going into that sub box. And if you take it out of the car, it is very light. Most likely a passive sub driven by the MMI system. You just need to use a multimeter on the two wires.

Reactions: Daniel-be and Jakes2514
I have checked the oem number - this one is an active sub. But I will tap into the wires and will see how it works :)

Reactions: craig20102010
The wiring for the sub is direct from some beefier terminals from either the RMC unit directly or the Radio in the boot if you have full MMI.

Reactions: Daniel-be
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but has anyone on here done this? From what I can see online it should be fairly simple to remove the OEM sub and replace with an aftermarket sub and amp. Just keen to see any pictures or hear of first hand experience.

I have a 2016 Allroad without Bose. Not sure if there are any significant wiring differences between the facelift and prefacelift MMI.

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but has anyone on here done this? From what I can see online it should be fairly simple to remove the OEM sub and replace with an aftermarket sub and amp. Just keen to see any pictures or hear of first hand experience.

I have a 2016 Allroad without Bose. Not sure if there are any significant wiring differences between the facelift and prefacelift MMI.
Hello Lyons, I am interested on shifters you sell, can you contact me at forumtrade@abv.bg or whatsapp +359886805050
Thank you