A6 factory tow bar wiring HELP

Adrian1871

Reaction score
was hoping simeone with an a6 avant 2014/2018 could help with my factory tow bar install i have all fitted but cant get led on release lever working. im hoping someone on here has elsawin and could kindly check trailer ecu pins for warning lamp release led in boot compartment k266/k277 please and post a pic up for me many thanks

Is that on the manual release knob?

On C6, you had to code the type fitted aswell as wiring for this to display correctly.

if you could tell me the pins for led lamp and hitch switch on bar i would very much appreciate it the colours i see is yellow/white/orange! (lamp) in rear boot compartment

You're likely to need it coding elsewhere (quality independent or dealer as last resort). The svs code needs inputting and EVERYTHING works perfectly. Been there, done that etc. Check you got the svs code with the kit, if not google it. Something like 50500 if I remember correctly?

You're likely to need it coding elsewhere (quality independent or dealer as last resort). The svs code needs inputting and EVERYTHING works perfectly. Been there, done that etc. Check you got the svs code with the kit, if not google it. Something like 50500 if I remember correctly?

yes ive read lol but dont want too turn up thinking its ready and ive wired lamp in incorrectly ! i have pins 6/7/5 im being told those pins are pre facelift?? could you confirm please?

coding will bedone again by audi once i can confirm pins for k226/k277 on a6 2016 avant 2.0tdi ive got 3 replies all diffrent so im not sure which is correct ill put pic up from my diagrams see if anyone with electrical knowledge can help!

this is from 2015 so i think its correct but colours on led wires are not yellow/brown/white as on the switch connection i purchased from audi too release tow bar!

7034F61F 1D95 4FA4 9896 CB862F8DB181

ok so found this from a6 allroad and k226/k227 are diffrent colours and pins too what i have already?

this is wiring diagram for 2014 avant different pins?

Attachments

• CD7CC8FA-B4A4-4611-8361-17CC5F413D56.jpeg
    CD7CC8FA-B4A4-4611-8361-17CC5F413D56.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 109
ok so turns out wiring is for pre facelift so for future reference block d (red)is led light in boot for pull cord, facelift =cable 1 , block d pin 8, cable 2, block d pin 7,cable 3 is block d pin 4, f355 switch on bar is pins 7/10/5 on block a 24 pin (black)

anyone help with the coding on trailer ecu trying too get production mode active currently inactive! says request out of range on vcds