A6 fan type washer jets fit b8?

OK so I've just received mine and it looks like the angle of the spray is adjustable with a small torx screwdriver - so no worries about the spray angle being wrong :).

Will fit at lunchtime and report back.
The torx bit needed is a T9

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LukeyC
The torx bit needed is a T9

Thanks very much. Last question - Do Audi label these left / right from the driver's perspective (i.e Left being nearside / passenger side of windscreen) or as you're looking at the front of the car (Left being the off side/driver's side of the screen)?

When you remove yours you will see that yours are sides too so just replace the sides like for like. In other words, I can't remember lol

That's embarrassingly obvious..my only excuse lies in the fact I didn't sleep last night watching the election.

I'll go fix myself an extra strong coffee! :)

Thanks for the prompt response.

Reactions: Audigit
That's embarrassingly obvious..my only excuse lies in the fact I didn't sleep last night watching the election.

I'll go fix myself an extra strong coffee! :)

Thanks for the prompt response.
Ha ha, don't worry, I've only owned my B8 a month and it's my first VAG car so I know next to nothing about them. I didn't even know they were sided until I took my old ones off!

Just ordered a set of these from my local Audi garage. They were 19 odd quid and they will be in tomorrow morning, so if anyone wants to save a few quid. Mind you I'll probably do a fiver in petrol driving there!

@Audigit I've not even looked at mine yet where do you put the T9 to adjust them ?

Reactions: Audigit
@Audigit I've not even looked at mine yet where do you put the T9 to adjust them ?
That would be here:

d57e1f530cbd7956bd5a1ab4a807ff12.jpg

Received mine today, fitted, adjusted, work perfectly. :salute:
JG

Reactions: AU11 ALS, Audigit and Macdoon
Not bad for a newbie who knew almost ****** all about Audi a month ago ha ha. Go me.

Well, ****** all apart from work related stuff.

I'm still chuffed with these new washers, it's a small thing but makes an impact on the enjoyment of the car as a whole.

Reactions: AudiLeon and RS5 JON
Had 10 mins spare yesterday afternoon, popped the new ones on. As mentioned above the spray pattern is a hybrid of the 3 jet and a full fan, sort of 3 mini fan jets, I'll try and get a pic later.

All good, a big improvement especially with the yucky weather fast approaching - except the r/h one has the centre spray missing ? Have ordered a replacement from TPS, will swop over when it arrives.

Reactions: AU11 ALS
Mine have arrived, just got to get car back from the additional work then I can fit!

4fc84781d24dfe715f591277611330f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So much better.
You used less water too. Which is handy if your car is on a water meter.

Reactions: Natebrand1987
And they are heated, use the same plug for the heating element?

Yes exact same plug connection. To be honest they aren't really as great as people are making out. There are still three distinct jets on my passenger side one and a tiny bit of mist spray, and the drivers side only has two jets. I don't personally think they are worth spending 20quid on. My standard ones worked perfectly fine with three jets. These aren't fan spray like some others I have seen, it's like a hybrid of thr two, leaning more towards the three jets style than the fan. Had I seen them in operation before buying them I would have spent the money on something else for sure.

Reactions: Bulldog, Zafi and RyanJonS4
Yes exact same plug connection. To be honest they aren't really as great as people are making out. There are still three distinct jets on my passenger side one and a tiny bit of mist spray, and the drivers side only has two jets. I don't personally think they are worth spending 20quid on. My standard ones worked perfectly fine with three jets. These aren't fan spray like some others I have seen, it's like a hybrid of thr two, leaning more towards the three jets style than the fan. Had I seen them in operation before buying them I would have spent the money on something else for sure.

and the drivers side only has two jets.

Hmmm, wonder if this is how they are s'posed to be ? I thought my drivers side one was faulty, as it only had the 2 jets, so have ordered a replacement - might be having to eat a slice of umble pie if this is how they are !

I just fitted mine, wasn't massively impressed tbh, although i have got to adjust them so they're spraying a bit higher, at least they were reasonably cheap

Can someone post a video of them working?

Reactions: feva
Fitted mine today & as other have said not really worth changing.

My bad, dropped the ball on the video. Although i have noticed its the spray pattern fans out more if you spray whilst driving

It's not an amazing mod that said it does ensure the wiper is fully lubed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AU11 ALS
Results are not as good as people make out but it is a slight improvement

Reactions: Gooders
I'm fitting mine later and will do standstill and moving comparisons

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Video taken this morning

Reactions: Darren92, AU11 ALS and DeanoC
Before and after. Worth 20 quid of my money to me:

Reactions: scotty76, Darren92, AU11 ALS and 2 others
100% worth it as it is an improvement over the standard ones and will make winter driving that little bit easier.

Agreed that not everyone will think it's a huge jump but if you're a casual driver then maybe you wouldn't notice the difference, a regular or heavy driver will notice.

Besides, little differences make a better bigger picture :)

Before and after. Worth 20 quid of my money to me:

Your before video has surprised me, I had forgotten how poor the old jets were, I only used them a couple of times before I swapped to the A6 ones mind lol

Reactions: DeanoC
Your before video has surprised me, I had forgotten how poor the old jets were, I only used them a couple of times before I swapped to the A6 ones mind lol

Yes they were pretty bad. I'd imagine the difference is more pronounced the quicker you go too.

I was going to buy these, then people said they're no good so I changed my mind. Now after seeing the video I think I'll go to toe and get some bought!