A6 Rear Parking Sensors

Babygravy

Reaction score
My rear parking sensors on my A6 2.7 Tdi Quattro Avant are playing up. Basically they don't pick anything up unless you are covering the sensors or washing the car. When selecting reverse you don't get the fault tone and the Vag-Com shows no faults ! Any ideas ?

Hi,

I once had a sensor do the same where it would only beep when something really close and not the intermediate distances...

I'm assuming you don't have the graphical display in MMI screen for PDC? as I could see the lines on other sensors moving in but not the iffy one...

As you have VCDS you can check measuring block in parking module and see distance detection per sensor...

Link:- Audi Portal: ECU Diagnostic . Audi A6 4F (2005- ) . Parktronic J446 Rear only (4 Channel)

Link:- Audi Portal: ECU Diagnostic . Audi A6 4F (2005- ) . Parktronic J446 Front & rear (8 Channel)

Regards
G

Hi , has optical display also , was kinda of working on rear r/h/s today but nothing when stood behind car , I'll try that link tomorrow.

Andy

Checked out. Range shows 250 mm initially not detecting then picks up at 40mm seems the same for all sensors and they are all giving the sensor bars on the mmi but not until very close , VCDS shows no fault codes !! Control module ? Front works as advertised.