A6 Technology Pack RSAP/Samsung Galaxy S5

DaveW

Reaction score
Does anyone have the above combination and if so, can you tell me if the MMI can create/read SMS messages via the 'phone?

Cheers,
Dave.

Don't forget that if you enable rSAP, you will NOT receive the SMS's on your phone. They stay on the car MMI.

Im not personally convinced of how useful this actually is....

Hi folks.
Has anyone been able to activate the text message dictation licence?
I keep getting an activation failed message.

Car has gone back to the dealership to have a software reinstall, if this doesn't fix it they are contacting the factory.

No one seems to know anything about this :(

Reinstall had no effect. Audi UK had no idea and referred it back to the factory.

I tried it this afternoon and it worked ☺.
I guess something has been enabled against my vehicle in a factory database, allowing me to download the licence. I've yet to hear anything from Audi to say anything has been done.

Further to this, following an upgrade to Android Lollipop, I can now send and receive emails via the MMI

Don't forget that if you enable rSAP, you will NOT receive the SMS's on your phone. They stay on the car MMI.

Im not personally convinced of how useful this actually is....

The message stay in the SIM so can be accessed by the phone and copied back. I have this on an A7 with High Tech Pack. Its good to have the online data connection for live traffic etc.

Further to this, following an upgrade to Android Lollipop, I can now send and receive emails via the MMI

oooooo Do you need to do anything to enable this? I'll have to give it a go in my A7 :)

oooooo Do you need to do anything to enable this? I'll have to give it a go in my A7 :)
Nope, the option just appeared after selecting "messages" in the telephone menu. This only appeared after my phone was upgraded to Android 5 (lollipop).
Good luck!

Nope, the option just appeared after selecting "messages" in the telephone menu. This only appeared after my phone was upgraded to Android 5 (lollipop).
Good luck!

Doesn't seem to want to show on mine, got lollipop on my S5 also :(

The message stay in the SIM so can be accessed by the phone and copied back. I have this on an A7 with High Tech Pack. Its good to have the online data connection for live traffic etc.

Or, you could have a SIM in the dashboard for data for the traffic info etc and still use Bluetooth to connect to your phone for voice.... If you have an old MMI firmware you need an update from Audi but it works well.