A6 Vorsprung Edition coming to the UK

£73,300 probably not so bad, you can get 23% discount on any A6 (including PCP contributions) via Carwow/Drive The Deal so realistically looking at £56,500 purchase price and a GFV of circa £31k after 3 years / 8k a year vs £27k for a BE with the same 55TFSI engine.

All figures based on Magnitude's finance calcaultor as Audi doesn't have the BE/Vorpsrung on theirs yet. Usually their GFV's are slightly more inflated.

The Vorsprung has now appeared on the Audi UK website with a starting price of 73,330 (!)

The configurator has not been updated yet.
Wow - if you're after a saloon, probably worth getting an A8!

It has a lot of bells and whistles but that is crazy money. Many, many other cars I’d buy before this. Probably £60k after discounts.

Almost £18K + you have to buy the Black Edition on top of that which is another £3K on top of the sline mode, I was interested in the Vorsprung but not at that price.
Upload 2019 7 19 15 33 3

The Vorsprung has now appeared on the Audi UK website with a starting price of 73,330 (!)

The configurator has not been updated yet.
Have they removed it ? As I can’t find it. I also saw black optics pack option the other day though and that has now disappeared

It kind of make no sense, as 5K more and you can get the S6.
Upload 2019 7 21 20 32 51

The Vorsprung edition is only available on the S6 and S7 models.

They have removed it from the other models on the Configurator.

The petrol 55 model has also been removed from across the range (including the A8)

The Vorsprung edition is only available on the S6 and S7 models.

They have removed it from the other models on the Configurator.

The petrol 55 model has also been removed from across the range (including the A8)
Ah right cheers

55TFSI has gone - but there is now a 40TDI, 40TDI Quattro and 50TDI Quattro Vorsprung appearing on third-party finance calculators.

Don't know how accurate these are - but the 55TFSI was there on Thursday when I last checked and is now removed.

Finance

Very nice cars BUT more than i paid for my house !!!!!. Granted it was 18 years ago but still scarey.

Vorsprung is just crazy money, getting a load of options you may not necessarily want or need. Not sure what the saving (if any) would have been versus a similarly specced S-Line/Black Edition MY19 model, when all the options were still available?
Disappointing about the 55TFSI engine - that wasnt around for long, cant have sold many. Hope the 45 doesn't go the same way...

Reactions: Sean Byrne
Getting rid of the 55 just when the unappealing S6 lands is interesting. If you want 350bhp S6 now the only way as opposed to a cheaper smoother 55 sline. Hmm.

Very nice cars BUT more than i paid for my house !!!!!. Granted it was 18 years ago but still scarey.

The Hybrid RS7 pricing (indicative) is even more scary...

Base is well north of £90k :blownose:

Even in the last 3 years prices have rocketed. My 2017 S5 is heavily specced and was rrp 51k. Seems relatively cheap now given its laden with options. All depends on the monthlies really though - i expect some cheap lease deals on the new S4 to shift them

Reactions: NevMan
The Hybrid RS7 pricing (indicative) is even more scary...

Base is well north of £90k :blownose:
The C7 based version of the RS7 was over £87k in base spec and the performance version was £94k at launch so not that surprising that replacement is higher

55TFSI has gone - but there is now a 40TDI, 40TDI Quattro and 50TDI Quattro Vorsprung appearing on third-party finance calculators.

Don't know how accurate these are - but the 55TFSI was there on Thursday when I last checked and is now removed.

View attachment 187138
I am slightly suspicious of this as it would seem that the Vorsprung version comes with Adaptive Air Suspension and 4 wheel steering as standard and I believe both of these require the 48v system and the 40TDi only comes with 12v. Also if you add the £17,590 to the price of any of the exisiting Black Edition models you do not get to the £73k still showing on the Audi website, albeit not on the configurator, so I suspect that initially the Vorsprung option may only be available on the S6 and the 55TFSi engine, even though currently it is not showing on the website. Time will tell though

Reactions: DaveW, RAF_S7 and NevMan
I see that the Vorsprung version of the standard A6 is no longer mentioned on the A6 home page on Audi.co.uk

That was short-lived, no surprise really, considering the price of them, the arrival of the S6 and the death of the 55TFSI model.

Wonder what car JulesR (#27 above) will actually get delivered compared with the 55 TFSi Vorsprung Avant he ordered?

So the 55TFSI has gone? Audis range across revised A4 and the A6 is pretty much diesel only now. Wonder how its going to go down with buyers.

So the 55TFSI has gone? Audis range across revised A4 and the A6 is pretty much diesel only now. Wonder how its going to go down with buyers.

If based on this forum, a number of departures already or upcoming, but I am sure they will still sell some

Reactions: cuke2u
There is a few 55 TFSI’s on auto trader. Probably a better option than the new S6 if you want petrol.

I had a similar experience, I ordered an A6 Avant 45TFSI with all the options including all the packs, sunroof, 4 wheel steering etc etc etc only to be told a month later I can't have it, many of the options I want are only going to be on the Vorsprung version. The dealers are still unable to order this and I have a nasty suspicion that when they can, it will only be available with a diesel engine like the S6 Vorsprung. I currently have an A6 diesel and I like it but the reputational damage is such I'm worried about trying to sell one in about 4 years' time. So I think I will stick with what I have until BMW or Mercedes bring out their new models next year, which are rumoured to offer all the technology with a sensible engine.

At the end of the day it’s all about personal choice.

My personal choice is that I won’t be replacing my (ok, tuned...) S7 4.0 T @535bhp, with a 350bhp diesel version of the S7, despite the gadget laden cabin specification. The RS7 (yet to be officially announced) is likely out of my pric£ range.

I may jump to a used low mileage RS7 performance, but did consider loading a 55TFSI A7, but that’s no longer an option now.

I’m very disappointed with what Audi has done in forcing diesels on everyone, and after 15 years of Audi’s may jump brands. :wtf:

Reactions: Simonwhite2000 and NevMan
I’m never going to be in the market for a car at that level but I’m still baffled as to why they are making them diesel especially when all we hear is that they are bad.

Reactions: Simonwhite2000
I think Audi has really lost its way at the moment. The cars look great but their business stragedy is dreadful.

They are getting left behind by BMW and Mercedes with regards to hybrids and could have easily used a hybrid set up to make a emission friendly petrol S6 then kept a BiTDI A6 like they had in the C7 range.

Would be nice if they considered diesel hybrids as well so those of us who aren't company car buyers

Reactions: Simonwhite2000
I think Audi has really lost its way at the moment. The cars look great but their business stragedy is dreadful.

They are getting left behind by BMW and Mercedes with regards to hybrids and could have easily used a hybrid

That's a great point, Audi keep pushing the e-tron name, however, there are fewer hybrids available now, than a year ago.

No A3 or Q7 e-tron models on the configurator, only the e-tron SUV is available.

They are getting left behind by BMW and Mercedes with regards to hybrids and could have easily used a hybrid set up to make a emission friendly petrol S6 then kept a BiTDI A6 like they had in the C7 range.

Would be nice if they considered diesel hybrids as well so those of us who aren't company car buyers

I think WLTP hit Audi hard and this is some of the fallout. Certainly some odd things going on! Not so sure about all the cars looking great. New A1 A4 Q3 Q7 and R8 all a bit fussy to my eyes.

The thing is that the other manufacturers have had to deal with WLTP as well so Audi don't really have any excuses.

The lack of an A4 or A6 hybrid is baffling at the mo. Only having a Q5 hybrid (which has a 250bhp petrol engine) is great for company car users, but once the batteries run out after 25miles, you've got a heavy thirsty petrol.

The diesel hybrid E-Class pulled me away from Audi after their shocking customer service because it will do the 25miles on electric (great for the urban parts of my commute) but once they run out, its got a 194bhp 2.0tdi which will still return a decent MPG and independent tests on that engine have shown they are comparable to the cleanest petrol engines for CO2 and NO2. It was the same price as the A6 monthly as well which was the 40tdi.

I don't know why Merc aren't pushing those diesel hybrids and their green credentials harder over here, to the private buyer who needs range (and company cars I guess as well to save on fuel bills) its a win win.

Sorry went wildly off topic there

Agreed, only VAG seem to have an 'issue' with options and WLTP, but I am not sure if this is actually the real reason at all. As you say other manufacturers don't, you can specify Volvos with several different sizes of wheels and options so it smells of a red herring to me...

I’m about to pull the trigger (for the wife) on an A6 Avant 45 TFSI. I have noted the negativity on this thread as well as the odd things Audi is doing with options (e.g. configurator doesn’t offer any suspension options - presumably for the reasons outlined above).

My question is, bearing in mind the chat above re: lack of petrol options, is there any issue with the 2L petrol in this car? Whilst 240-odd horsepower wouldn’t get my pulse racing, it’s more than adequate for the missus. We’d never buy a diesel and in any case she only does about 6k miles a year. Given all that and the fact you can get nearly 25% off this car via a broker, it seems like a pretty good package, certainly in my view compared to the ubiquitous SUV options.

Am I missing something?

I’m about to pull the trigger (for the wife) on an A6 Avant 45 TFSI. I have noted the negativity on this thread as well as the odd things Audi is doing with options (e.g. configurator doesn’t offer any suspension options - presumably for the reasons outlined above).

My question is, bearing in mind the chat above re: lack of petrol options, is there any issue with the 2L petrol in this car? Whilst 240-odd horsepower wouldn’t get my pulse racing, it’s more than adequate for the missus. We’d never buy a diesel and in any case she only does about 6k miles a year. Given all that and the fact you can get nearly 25% off this car via a broker, it seems like a pretty good package, certainly in my view compared to the ubiquitous SUV options.

Am I missing something?

Theres a thread on here about the 45 TFSI engine, I may make it my next one (currently gave a 40 TDi), it got some good feedback.

I've heard the 45 tfsi is good to.

Don't get my wrong, the A6 is a lovely car...I just got completely fed up with the lousy service from the local dealer and Audi UK's response was as weak as water so opted to take my money elsewhere.

If you can hang on maybe worth seeing if they bring a hybrid version of the A6 out with the 45 TFSI (like the Q5 55TFSI-E) as the VW passat was available as a PHEV. Will make you a little more future proof - that being said, no sniff of this yet though.

Thank you Daves.

Re: the last point about waiting for a hybrid, we don’t actually need the car for another year or so (second child) but worst case Brexit scenario the prices of German cars are only going one way fast.

Reactions: DaveW
Posting an update to give an idea on current delivery lead times:

The 45 TFSI Avant Black Edition I mentioned earlier in the thread was ordered June 22 with delivery date of the end of October. Car will arrive this Friday at the dealer (September 20) so that’s just short of 3 months.

Pics up as promised mid next week when keys in hand!

Reactions: DaveW and SPIKE_
Specced a Vorsprung 40 TDI S tronic Avant up the other day & came out at 67k :fearscream:. I wonder what these will be fetching in 3 years time when I’ll be in the market to replace my C7.5 Avant.