A7 2012 Yaw Sensor issue/location?

Eric_RS6

Audi RS6 C7
Reaction score
Hi guys, my A7 is in with a main dealer for a ACC / Brake assist issue.. they've said it is the Yaw Sensor, and that as the A7 is lowered on H&R springs so that is why the Yaw Sensor is defective and im getting the ACC / Brake assist failure warning on the dash...... not going to lie... sounds a bit odd to me.

Anyway, Audi main dealer so they know what they're on about right.... so does anyone know the actual location of the Yaw sensor on the A7?

They're also replacing the sharkfin antenna... sprayed and fitted for £550.... they said it takes two hours to fit... I said does it, I could come and show your technician how I've fitted mine in 20 mins if they like?

Hi guys, my A7 is in with a main dealer for a ACC / Brake assist issue.. they've said it is the Yaw Sensor, and that as the A7 is lowered on H&R springs so that is why the Yaw Sensor is defective and im getting the ACC / Brake assist failure warning on the dash...... not going to lie... sounds a bit odd to me.

Anyway, Audi main dealer so they know what they're on about right.... so does anyone know the actual location of the Yaw sensor on the A7?

They're also replacing the sharkfin antenna... sprayed and fitted for £550.... they said it takes two hours to fit... I said does it, I could come and show your technician how I've fitted mine in 20 mins if they like?
The GPS antenna is a common failure (water ingress) but most people replace it with. FAKRA GPS antenna that you can put under the dash, (usually above the glovebox area) and costs £15 :blink:

Ive never herd of a failed yaw sensor associated with lowering the car. My S7 is lowered -20mm on all corners (Cete module, not springs as I’m on air sus) and never had that issue over the past 3/4 years. It is normal to get the occasional ACC/Brake Guard warning depending on the road surface, and if I go lower than -20mm, but it clears on restart (or DTC clear using VCDS)

Did you have anyone scan the car before you went to the dealer? A failed Yaw Sensor would show up on a scan.

john

Reactions: Eric_RS6
Hi John, thank you so much for the info on part number and location - much appreciated Sir.
Yes it’s the second time my GPS antenna failed, first time I replaced it - it fixed my ACC/ Brake assist error for a few months.
I can’t see how me bring lowered affects the Yaw sensor at all, it’s on H&R springs not slammed on coilovers. It worked for ages after being lowered etc.
Fair play to the retailer though on one account… he didn’t do a PCM Reflash for an existing campaign due to me being mapped and him not wanting to wipe my map.
Yes John it has been VCDS scanned before, I’ll find it out and check. Surely Audi can pin point the failure though, I’ll be fairly miffed if they’re wrong!!

That Yaw Sensor is very expensive new.

There are a few on eBay - search using “Audi A6 C7 Yaw Sensor”. The used prices are pretty expensive, so dealer new May be eye popping.

Check out (RRPPSS)* Parts for Volkswagen Group on Facebook for competitive pricing (I use them for pretty much everything) or the parts request tab, too see if you can get a better price - if that’s their diagnosi. I don’t know if it needs coding though….

(*use single characters, for some reason forum blocking their initials)

That Yaw Sensor is very expensive new.

There are a few on eBay - search using “Audi A6 C7 Yaw Sensor”. The used prices are pretty expensive, so dealer new May be eye popping.

Check out (RRPPSS)* Parts for Volkswagen Group on Facebook for competitive pricing (I use them for pretty much everything) or the parts request tab, too see if you can get a better price - if that’s their diagnosi. I don’t know if it needs coding though….

(*use single characters, for some reason forum blocking their initials)
Thanks mate I’ll use that in my search and see what I find!
okay mate I’ll check out that FB group too, I’ve no idea about coding but I have a guy I know who has VCDS.

Just to close this issue... the Audi main dealer refused to fit and set up the yaw sensor due to previous coding being carried out on the car and also an issue sorting the calibration as it was lowered on H&R springs.
I wasnt too bothered about this as I think the retail on just the sensor is £1k+ (not too sure on this though).

And in another turn of events, replacing the antenna has actually fixed my ACC/Brake assist issue so no need for the YAW sensor anyway!

Reactions: RAF_S7
Just to close this issue... the Audi main dealer refused to fit and set up the yaw sensor due to previous coding being carried out on the car and also an issue sorting the calibration as it was lowered on H&R springs.
I wasnt too bothered about this as I think the retail on just the sensor is £1k+ (not too sure on this though).

And in another turn of events, replacing the antenna has actually fixed my ACC/Brake assist issue so no need for the YAW sensor anyway!
Interesting….
I think I read somewhere, that the brake assist program has a link to navigation, so that it is aware of the road your travelling on, including bends etc, so it forward thinks brake assist if it senses your travelling too fast…
if you have Auto lights (maybe just matrix, not sure) there is also a link to navigation, to tell it when to bend the lights around corners!

Sometimes I think it’s too clever for its own good….

The most annoying message I get is the “Please close your window when driving as your reducing your aerodynamic efficiency” :blink: