A7 3.0tdi 272 remap

Ali_A7

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone with the 272 model and remapped it?

What figures did you get? Did you check before and after on a dyno? Did you map the gearbox too?

Any recommendations on reputable companies that do it?

Hi guys, anyone with the 272 model and remapped it?

What figures did you get? Did you check before and after on a dyno? Did you map the gearbox too?

Any recommendations on reputable companies that do it?

You’ll be looking at about 320 horses mate. Try Bobby Singh he’s down in Windsor. He can also remap your gearbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ali_A7
You’ll be looking at about 320 horses mate. Try Bobby Singh he’s down in Windsor. He can also remap your gearbox.

Have you had yours done? The figures are essentially similar to the bitdi standard figures.

I’m just a little hesitant because I’m not sure how the s-tronic gearbox will handle the similar bhp and torque that the bitdi comes with (because the bitdi has an extra turbo and a stronger ZF gearbox)

Have you had yours done? The figures are essentially similar to the bitdi standard figures.

I’m just a little hesitant because I’m not sure how the s-tronic gearbox will handle the similar bhp and torque that the bitdi comes with (because the bitdi has an extra turbo and a stronger ZF gearbox)

No not yet, but ask him and he’ll answer all your questions. The S7 comes with a s tronic gearbox too, I think it can handle the bhp, it’s the torque that maybe an issue

No not yet, but ask him and he’ll answer all your questions. The S7 comes with a s tronic gearbox too, I think it can handle the bhp, it’s the torque that maybe an issue

Yeah that’s true, forgot about the s7 lol

And yeah you’re right, bhp is fine, it’s the torque that I’m worried about. The A7 272 comes standard with 580nm/428ft-lb whereas the S7 450 comes standard with 550nm/406ft-lb.

Seconded for Bobby Singh, he mapped my BiTDI and 'box.

He must have mapped some other 272bhp models, maybe have a search on here or try his youtube channel?

Seconded for Bobby Singh, he mapped my BiTDI and 'box.

He must have mapped some other 272bhp models, maybe have a search on here or try his youtube channel?

Yeah if it was the bitdi I wouldn’t be hesitant as it has the ZF box and can handle huge amounts of torque.

Just a bit worried about the s tronic box in my 272 lol

Your bitdi comes with 650nm torque and Audi put the ZF box in so makes me wonder how safe it is to map the 272 from 580nm torque to the region of 650-700nm while it has the s tronic.

I
Yeah if it was the bitdi I wouldn’t be hesitant as it has the ZF box and can handle huge amounts of torque.

Just a bit worried about the s tronic box in my 272 lol

Your bitdi comes with 650nm torque and Audi put the ZF box in so makes me wonder how safe it is to map the 272 from 580nm torque to the region of 650-700nm while it has the s tronic.

I think I read somewhere else on this forum that it is about 700-720nm

Yeah that’s true, forgot about the s7 lol

And yeah you’re right, bhp is fine, it’s the torque that I’m worried about. The A7 272 comes standard with 580nm/428ft-lb whereas the S7 450 comes standard with 550nm/406ft-lb.

[mention]bobby singh [/mention]

Sorry just seen this - nothing to worry about at 750nm normally.
I done a stroinc to 920nm with my hybrid and working well

Reactions: Eric_RS6 and Bishop187
Spent 4 days on this development and the results are in:
343hp / 830nm all stock apart from 76mm downpipe

Reactions: Ali_A7, Eric_RS6 and Bishop187

Very nice. Would you say the 76mm down pipe makes a big difference?

Amazing work!

What’s the total cost for this including the downpipe?

Amazing work!

What’s the total cost for this including the downpipe?

Cost totally depends on the ECU you have - these later ECU's require plenty of work and anyone that tells you they can custom tune them in a hour means they have put on a generic file.
Downpipes for these I do not keep in stock, the car in the video already had the downpipe installed so I done the software for the ECU and Gearbox plus some service items.
Drop me a email with your reg and I can check the ECU type - BobbySInghRacing@outlook.com

Thanks

I’d love to do that, it won’t pass MOT