A7 Black Edition Exhaust

A7 Black Edition

Reaction score
Good afternoon all!

Had my 63 plate A7 Black Edition for a little over a month now. Love the car overall, but I would like a bit more of a burble and growl from the exhaust. I have looked at upgrading to the BiTdi exhaust and sound module but costs are coming in at £1,200 and I never heard the noise first hand. I think YouTube dosent do the real sound justice, if anyone is around Derby, Notts, Lincon area I would love to hear first hand.

Has anyone upgraded the stock exhaust from the standard 3.0l V6 and what results/cost did you get?

Im not sure the "Soundakator" system, as found on the BiTDi models, can be transferred to the petrol models as easily as you think, since there are electronic control modules involved.

BKS-Tunning offer an aftermarket kit. Check it out here.

Personally I think you would be better off going for an aftermarket exhaust, but that may stretch your budget even further. :racer:

Im not sure the "Soundakator" system, as found on the BiTDi models, can be transferred to the petrol models as easily as you think, since there are electronic control modules involved.

BKS-Tunning offer an aftermarket kit. Check it out here.

Personally I think you would be better off going for an aftermarket exhaust, but that may stretch your budget even further. :racer:

I have the single turbo diesel V6 but just wanted the improved sound from the BiTdi. I would be happy to look at an aftermarket exhaust but I like the idea of being able to chose when its loud and subdued. Is that something available for aftermarket diesel exhausts? (if there is a difference)

Had a look at getting this from Kufatec, but at £1,250 for the end of the exhaust only seems quite expensive. Id then have to get someone to chop off the old exhaust and help fit these new ends.

https://www.kufatec.com/en/sound-bo...-booster-for-audi-a6-a7-4g-40222?number=40222

I don't suppose anyone knows if Audi dealers were able to order the BiTdi exhaust system and retro fit for customers? Tried Lincoln audi and they were stumped.

I don’t know of any Audi dealers who would carry out the modification for you. Modifying from original specification is just something they won’t do in most cases. And purchasing the exhaust parts from a dealer is going to cause major wallet damage!

Going down the used part route will be your most cost effective way of getting the parts, though you would have to arrange figment. A good Indy exhaust shop would help with figment.

Have a look at this here

I don’t know of any Audi dealers who would carry out the modification for you. Modifying from original specification is just something they won’t do in most cases. And purchasing the exhaust parts from a dealer is going to cause major wallet damage!

Going down the used part route will be your most cost effective way of getting the parts, though you would have to arrange figment. A good Indy exhaust shop would help with figment.

Have a look at this here

Cheers for the reply, I had a trawl back through all the forum posts last night. Seems im not the first to be asking these questions. Sadly there seems to be very little evidence of anyone actually putting a different exhaust on one of the TDI's, most just stop at the Kufatec plugin for the BiTdi.

Saw one or two on YouTube but after digging a bit they were into the thousands to get a whole new system D:

I had seen the exhaust you posted but it seems to come without any of the wirings so I assumed I would be running around trying to find aftermarket stuff to go on.

Found this from a much older post on here, messaged the seller to see if its the OEM BiTdi unit with everything to bolt straight on.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-...A6-C7-A7-3-0-TDi-2-0-TDi-Engines/272969377723

I am also considering contacting some aftermarket manufacturers to see if they could fabricate one, or trawl eBay for a BiTdi that's being broken and harvest the parts from there.

P.s. Is this forum fairly quiet or one of the busier Audi places? Seems theres a lot around!

The 7 forum is fairly quiet. Not a lot of people mod the platform.

You could head over to the A6 forum where there are more members, here. The 6 and 7 share the same mechanicals, and there are plenty of BiTdi owners there :racer: