A7 wheels on A6

B I T U R B O

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here so apologise if this question has been asked before.
I've recently purchased a 2014 A6 bitdi and was wondering if somebody could tell me if this wheel/tyre combo would be compatible?
The seller mentiined they're off an A7 originally so I was unsure of how they would differ?
Any help appreciated
9.0j 20 et37
265/35/20

Hi I'm new here so apologise if this question has been asked before.
I've recently purchased a 2014 A6 bitdi and was wondering if somebody could tell me if this wheel/tyre combo would be compatible?
The seller mentiined they're off an A7 originally so I was unsure of how they would differ?
Any help appreciated
9.0j 20 et37
265/35/20
They will be fine. Those are the exact dimensions of A6 wheels.

Reactions: B I T U R B O
Im running 19" A6 wheels on my S7 as a winter set, so Im sure you will be fine :racer:

Standard tyre width is 255 for the A6. The A7 can accommodate a wider wheel and tyre so just double check it. Ive got 255 on mine with a very low ET on the wheels

the A6 & A7 are the same platform

Yes i know !!
obviously you missed the point by saying the A7 can take a wider wheel then, as I'm currently running 9.5's on the A6 with plenty of clearance to go wider if I could find a set of the new RS6 C8 wheels which are 10.5 wide..

obviously you missed the point by saying the A7 can take a wider wheel then, as I'm currently running 9.5's on the A6 with plenty of clearance to go wider if I could find a set of the new RS6 C8 wheels which are 10.5
What offsets and widths work with 21" wheels on the a6 without causing issues?

What offsets and widths work with 21" wheels on the a6 without causing issues?

you can range from 25-42 but it will depend on the design of the wheel (concave/convex face) use this site to help with offsets and it will give you a picture showing the difference and potential clearance

RS6 whels are a ET25 running 275/35 but I know a few people running 30 profiles

you can range from 25-42 but it will depend on the design of the wheel (concave/convex face) use this site to help with offsets and it will give you a picture showing the difference and potential clearance

RS6 whels are a ET25 running 275/35 but I know a few people running 30 profiles
Have you heard of anyone running a 35 tyre on a 21" rim on the A6? I had stretched 30's on my Amg and hated it.

Have you heard of anyone running a 35 tyre on a 21" rim on the A6? I had stretched 30's on my Amg and hated it.
A number of people run 35 profile on 21" wheels where are you trying to go with this? stretching tyres is a whole different story...

A number of people run 35 profile on 21" wheels where are you trying to go with this? stretching tyres is a whole different story...
I'm trying to figure out if it's feasible to get 21's on my car without rubber bands for tyres and still have no issues. For instance if I buy 21x9 et35 wheels would it be possible to put a 275/35/21 tyre on without it causing any issues?

Your wheel radius (alloy with tyre) of the new setup should be the same, or as close as possible to the original setup.

So in theory, if you have 255 35 20 tyres setup on 20" wheels, you will most likely be looking at 255 30 21 tyres on 21" wheels.

Any change in the radius will result in incorrect speed reading. The link above is the best starting point to check if your plans are realistic.

I'm trying to figure out if it's feasible to get 21's on my car without rubber bands for tyres and still have no issues. For instance if I buy 21x9 et35 wheels would it be possible to put a 275/35/21 tyre on without it causing any issues?
if it's lowered maybe if not there is lots of arch gap to fill

Anybody got any recommendations for alloys other ebay? Tried cm wheels but they haven't got the size in stock I'm after.
Looking for 21x 9 et35 in the rs6 c style in gloss black.
Cm wheels have a 21" 9.5j et30 but they'll give me 27.7mm more poke which sounds like it will cause me issues from what I've read??

Measure from your current wheel to the arch, if it's less than 27.7mm then they'll stick out, the only option to keep it legal then is to stretch the tyre. If it's more, I don't see how it would cause issues.