A8 3.0 V6 TDI ASB 2005 smoke at idle... or so it was.

poxxxy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Bought this car in need of a transmission, finally bought a replacement and got it swapped in and was running great... while I had access I had pre-cat removed and yesterday at idle after moving in traffic I noticed some white/blueish smoke from the exhaust that smells like unburnt diesel. The car never came with a DPF and I tuned it a couple of years ago as it was previously a friends. Now I am wondering if the injectors are goosed... I checked smooth running balance and all within spec it seems after a run. Checked 72-77 and noticed from around 74-77 the values were above +45 etc. I then decided to check injector coding and found they didn't match to what was on the top of the injectors so entered all of these in. Now if anything I think the smoke is worse and when I checked blocks 72-77 they all currently report as 0 across the board not -45 as expected... perhaps I need a cold run?

I am not sure why the vehicle is smoking as it is right now but injectors are pretty costly. I guess I will have to get them removed and tested and see if they can give me some new codings for them suitable if they check out ok and nozzles don't seem worn?

Any help much appreciated.