Abarth 500c SS?

N@deeem

Reaction score
We have a magnetic cool wall and I'm biased so my car is as far to the right on sub zero as it'll go without falling off.

What do you think? I know it won't be to everyone's taste. In 5 years of ownership it has been an absolute hoot to drive.

Roll on S1...

IMG 3706

I found this Top Gear Top Trumps card not long after I git the car...
IMG 1171

Post some pics if anyone else has owned an Abarth? And no, it's not the wife's, it's mine! :racer:

It's horrific and thanks to the contrasting colour scheme on the last two pics blends into the scenery , which I prefer to look at .

I've always considered 500's and A1's as girl's cars .

Two tone cars should never work, but this is an acception to the rule IMO. I think these look great!

Reactions: N@deeem
I dont think it's horrific I think that's an exaggeration!
Im not a fan of the two tone paint on such a small car but i do like them.
Someone's got one in a light grey at work and I prefer that.

Appeals to the European retro genre like the beetle and mini. I like them with the Italian flag coloured stripe - just fun to see and drive. My wife has a mini with stripes and chequered flag roof - it's fun and makes people smile

Can't have a mini without different coloured roof ,would not be right imho.not sure about the 500 though

Hi @N@deeem
I like the look of the 500, but don't think I'd buy one myself, but a lovely looking car none the less.

I think you'd make the car look more appealing if you took the photo on a bright sunny day. :)

Btw I know that's a lovely road to drive ( top photo) ,
Was the bottom photos taking anywhere near Llyn Brianne?

Reactions: N@deeem
Hi @N@deeem
I like the look of the 500, but don't think I'd buy one myself, but a lovely looking car none the less.

I think you'd make the car look more appealing if you took the photo on a bright sunny day. :)

Btw I know that's a lovely road to drive ( top photo) ,
Was the bottom photos taking anywhere near Llyn Brianne?

Thanks. Just sold it today. Deposit taken within 2 hours of advertising and the level of interest really surprised me to the point where I had to delay the first buyer coming to view. I'll be without a car until next week which takes some getting used to!

Great cars imho. Just a shame some guys feel so insecure in themselves at the suggestion of bloke driving something like a 500 or A1.

The bottom one was Dowry Reservoir near Oldham / Holmfirth I think. I do have a bit of a soft spot for roads in North Wales though!

Reactions: Ghost