About to collect new Q5!

B14ckbrook

Reaction score
I can see from previous posts to avoid Audi's detailing products - in my case I was offered CX2 Glasscoat for £899 and I found this forum when researching to see if it was worth it!

Since I wont be going for this 'offer' but really want to take care of my new pride & joy and am totally new to the world of detailing, what should I be going for instead?

I've seen some posts here about ceramic coating, would that be the best bet? What would I be looking to spend for a pro to do this?

With the best will in the world I am not going to be in a position to wash my car every weekend so I want something that will protect my bodywork, make it easy to clean, and keep it looking good... and then every few weeks to be able to give it some TLC.

is it forecourt new, or new to you?

if factory fresh paintwork, then consider protection film. It will help stop stone chips etc. If not brand new but you have swirl marks, and you want to be able to wash easily, professional paint correction and ceramic coating is great. That's what I've gone for. Came in at ~£1k for my A4. The misano paintwork absolutely sparkles after a standard two bucket wash!

Reactions: B14ckbrook
is it forecourt new, or new to you?

if factory fresh paintwork, then consider protection film. It will help stop stone chips etc. If not brand new but you have swirl marks, and you want to be able to wash easily, professional paint correction and ceramic coating is great. That's what I've gone for. Came in at ~£1k for my A4. The misano paintwork absolutely sparkles after a standard two bucket wash!
Factory new! Hoping that means I could go for a good quality ceramic coating and this should be enough to mean I can look after it properly with regular washes.

Reactions: NevMan

Check out PPF info here. I believe you can simply use a power washer to remove dirt...even easier wash.

Factory new! Hoping that means I could go for a good quality ceramic coating and this should be enough to mean I can look after it properly with regular washes.

I would look up detailers in your area. Pricing to ceramic coat can vary a lot and will also depend on the cost of the actual coating. But you should be able to get your new pride and joy single stage corrected and ceramic coated for well under £1000

Gtechniq Ultra is an amazing ceramic coating. Had it one three cars now, and highly recommend it.

Reactions: NevMan