ABS and Traction control lights on...

MarLou

Reaction score
Hi all,

My first question, when I picked up my 2005 1.8T A4 cabrioletit it had the traction control light on permanently, this went off after a day (a new battery was fitted which I think solved it) today after driving around care free. I went back to the car and it now has the traction control and the ABs lights on. Nothing has changed that I know of. It does have a fault with the n/s/f pad sensor that i bridged with a wire to check and proved that the actual pad is at fault not the wiring of the car.
Any ideas on the abs/traction lights would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Often caused by a failing brake light switch. Only about £1o from Main Dealer, & easy to fit.

thanks for the reply, the brake lights etc are all working fine, could
the brake switch still be a problem?

Thanks, I shall replace that first and go from there...

You should really get it read for fault codes, but brake switch failure is common on VAG cars from that era, & puts the ABS, & Traction Control lights on.
I've had to replace it on a few of my VAG cars in the past.

Thanks for the offer DieselJake but im in Windsor so a little to far, Ive got a mate with a reader who is coming round, last time it was read it said steering angle sensor so not sure if this is linked, everything else was clear, although that was the day before the lights came on....