ABS Long Coding (MK60EC1 - 1K0 907 379 AH)

OscarKhathi

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I really need help with long coding my ABS, I've tried using the long code calculator but I was getting a codding out of range error. Please assist, any help will appreciated.

See attached VCDS Auto Scan.

Attachments

• 0206.txt
    45.8 KB · Views: 396
Hi what code is the calculator giving you? Post it in here I’ve just got home from my nightshift but will have a look when I get up. Just out of curiosity do you know what front brake setup you have? Do you have park assist? Also the vin in the log is correct isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Troubs12,

I purchased the car second hand and the ECU VIN and Cluster VIN are the the ones that show in the log, the chassis VIN however is WAUZZZ8P49A09064.

The calculator was giving me the following codes:
13420012092A00FBC81000EB901B0000000000 (ECU VIN)
13420012092B00FAC81100E890000000000000 (Chassis VIN)

With regards to brake system, I'm unsure what system it has as the sticker isn't in the boot of the car and I don't have the owners manual. If there's any other way of checking I'll gladly do so.

I really appreciate your help!

Hi Troubs12,

I purchased the car second hand and the ECU VIN and Cluster VIN are the the ones that show in the log, the chassis VIN however is WAUZZZ8P49A09064.

The calculator was giving me the following codes:
13420012092A00FBC81000EB901B0000000000 (ECU VIN)
13420012092B00FAC81100E890000000000000 (Chassis VIN)

With regards to brake system, I'm unsure what system it has as the sticker isn't in the boot of the car and I don't have the owners manual. If there's any other way of checking I'll gladly do so.

I really appreciate your help!

Sorry there the chassis vin is actually WAUZZZ8P49A009064 (There was 1 digit missing)

It’s cool today kind of got away from me but I’ll take my laptop into work with me tonight and do it on my brake. I’m pretty sure for a 1.4 you should have the middle brake set up but I’ll do the codes for both anyway.

One way to tell is if you have to take the calliper carrier off to replace the front discs. If you don’t you have the smaller type. If you do then you could have the middle or big type. The way to tell that for me is look at the calliper.

I will post a code for you here later tonight but just to make 100% sure yours is a CAX 1.4 engine? No park assist or anything yeah?

I’ve very quickly had a look try this one buddy:

1342401209228003C80B02EA901D0080380000

Hi

I tried that code today without any luck. It still says it's out of range, I tried playing around with the different brake types but still no joy.

I purchased the car second and yes there is a 1.4 tsfi engine. I rang a local part supplier and they told me my VIN says the car is a 2.0 FSI. The previous owner might have changed the engine, so I don't know if that has any effect on the coding.

Hi

I tried that code today without any luck. It still says it's out of range, I tried playing around with the different brake types but still no joy.

I purchased the car second and yes there is a 1.4 tsfi engine. I rang a local part supplier and they told me my VIN says the car is a 2.0 FSI. The previous owner might have changed the engine, so I don't know if that has any effect on the coding.

Ah ok I’m with you now so the actual vehicle vin and the vin stored in the engine ecu are different? The code I made was for the vin you gave the other day. The code for the vin in the vcds log is:

13424012092A80FBC81002EB901B0080380000

If you have trouble inputting it try adding 00 to the end and it should go in.

Out of curiosity where are you located?

Sorry I forgot to add that the abs coding for mk60ce1 contains hex values for the last 6 digits of the vin number so that’s probably where we’ve been falling down. Depending on what’s happened in the past it could of had a dash fail instead of replacing the dash the previous owner has bought a “lock set” ie engine ecu, dash and key transponders to fix it. Doing that would definitely mess up the abs code. But if that vcds log is current then the vin stored in the ecu should be at the top of the log.

Hi

Hi how did you get on?

Ah ok I’m with you now so the actual vehicle vin and the vin stored in the engine ecu are different? The code I made was for the vin you gave the other day. The code for the vin in the vcds log is:

13424012092A80FBC81002EB901B0080380000

If you have trouble inputting it try adding 00 to the end and it should go in.

Out of curiosity where are you located?

I'm located in South Africa.

Ah that might be something I can look at as I’m not sure if if country comes into it. Is it left or right hand drive? I’m not sure if which market is I’ve there.

We have right handed drives.

We have right handed drives.

Awesome I’ll look and see if I can find any logs from your region but can you do me a favour and read out the vin in the engine ecu? And see if it matches the one in the instrument cluster? It should but I just want to check all bases

Awesome I’ll look and see if I can find any logs from your region but can you do me a favour and read out the vin in the engine ecu? And see if it matches the one in the instrument cluster? It should but I just want to check all bases

Okay, let me do that now. I'll get back to you shortly. I really appreciate your help, thank you.

I can seem to read the VIN off the cluster.

Okay, let me do that now. I'll get back to you shortly. I really appreciate your help, thank you.

I tried using VCDS to check the instrument cluster VIN but it have me an error. I then used to cluster menu and selected check chassis number and it gave me the same VIN as the ecu. WAUZZZ8P3AA081572.