ABS module won't code with VCDS???

BILKO1

Reaction score
I have just put my B6 Avant back to standard (removed MFSW, RNS-E and Bluetooth module) and now i have brake and abs warnings on dash. I even put the original slipring and steering wheel control module back on. The faults i'm getting are
Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 8E0-614-517.lbl
Part No: 8E0 614 517 A
Component: ABS/ESP allrad 1726
Coding: 00000
Shop #: WSC 00000
VCID: 2648138DE861

2 Faults Found:
00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
66-10 - Not Matched - Intermittent
01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
35-00 - -

When i use VCDS (genuine lead) i enter the correct coding which should be Coding: 04255
Shop #: WSC 06435
which i saved a couple of years ago before the upgrades it does not take even though VCDS appears to go through the process.

Do i need to login first to make these changes to the coding and if so what is the login code?

To be honest i can't understand why the ABS module has lost it's coding as i haven't touched anything to do with the ABS or is it just a coincidence?

Sounds like your Steering Angle Sensor needs to be reaught.

ESP Steering Angle Sensor Calibration
(Courtesy of Ross-Tech: Home)
Updated 29 Mar. 2005
Ross-Tech is not responsible for any damage or problems that may result from following these instructions. They are to be used at your own risk. As always, you should refer to a Factory Repair Manual for your vehicle!
This procedure details how to perform the zero position calibration for the Steering Angle Sensor (G85) in many VW/Audi vehicles equipped with ESP (Electronic Stability Program).​

This procedure should be performed when vehicle alignment is performed or if any of the following components have been removed or replaced:
  • ABS/EDL/ASR/ESP control unit (J104)
  • Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
  • Steering Column
There are certain test conditions that must be met before doing this procedure:
  • Start the vehicle. Turn the steering wheel one turn to the right and one turn to the left.
  • Drive in a short distance straight line on a level surface at a speed not higher than 20 km/h.
  • If the steering wheel is straight during the test drive then stop the vehicle with the wheels pointed straight
  • Ensure that the steering wheel is not moved again.
  • Keep the engine running and do not switch off the ignition.
Procedure for performing the zero position calibration for the Steering Angle Sensor (G85) on VW Passat and Audi A4/S4, A6/S6, and A8/S8:​

[Select]
[03 - ABS Brakes]
[Login - 11]
Enter 40168
[Do It!]
[Basic Settings - 04]
Group 001
[Go!]
This will store the zero (centered) position of the steering wheel. There should be a displayed message that reads: "Steer. angle sender compens OK". If you get an error, it may mean the Login was not successfully performed.
Click the [Done, Go Back] button and you're all set.

Well that didn't work:( when i go to basic settings and group 001 theres just an error message in the fields tried umpteen times same result. Did a full scan and got a few other codes to.

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 8E0-614-517.lbl
Part No: 8E0 614 517 A
Component: ABS/ESP allrad 1726
Coding: 00000
Shop #: WSC 00000
VCID: 2648138DE861

2 Faults Found:
00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
66-10 - Not Matched - Intermittent
01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
35-00 - -

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 8E0-907-279-8E2.lbl
Part No: 8E0 907 279 E
Component: int. Lastmodul RDW 0305
Coding: 00001
Shop #: WSC 63351
VCID: 346CF9C52EBD

1 Fault Found:
01312 - Powertrain Data Bus
79-10 - Please Check Fault Codes - Intermittent

Address 76: Park Assist Labels: 8Z0-919-283.lbl
Part No: 8Z0 919 283 A
Component: Parkingsyst. A4 RDW D07
Coding: 00114
Shop #: WSC 63351
VCID: 438EAA197B13

1 Fault Found:
00625 - Vehicle Speed Signal
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

The plot thickens.

When you refitted the slip ring etc you could & probably have bent some pins as a number have on the A4, remove & check & refit, then test again.

The loss of coding is normal on a Bosch 5.3 ABS/EDS/ASR/ESP -or- Bosch 5.7 (ESP also) vehicle when the slip ring / G85 sensor is disconnected. In this case you need to:

1) Build the Login specific to the equipment installed in the car and enter it.
2) Build the Coding and enter it
3) Run the G85 calibration / Basic Settings

All three of those steps must be done on the same ignition cycle and diagnostic session with VCDS as explained here:

Audi A4 (8E) Brake Electronics (Bosch 5.7) - Ross-Tech Wiki

If you know the old coding (based on a previous scan) work that chart backwards to determine the login without digging through the trunk for the PR# tag.

The loss of coding is normal on a Bosch 5.3 ABS/EDS/ASR/ESP -or- Bosch 5.7 (ESP also) vehicle when the slip ring / G85 sensor is disconnected. In this case you need to:

1) Build the Login specific to the equipment installed in the car and enter it.
2) Build the Coding and enter it
3) Run the G85 calibration / Basic Settings

All three of those steps must be done on the same ignition cycle and diagnostic session with VCDS as explained here:

Audi A4 (8E) Brake Electronics (Bosch 5.7) - Ross-Tech Wiki

If you know the old coding (based on a previous scan) work that chart backwards to determine the login without digging through the trunk for the PR# tag.

Hello Dana,
I've got a similar problem. How do i know which login/code is right by reading that sticker the "PR" codes from my car its a VW passat 2002. So far there are only 2 parts of that PR codes on that sticker 1ZC and T9J that match the information for login and coding for vw passat on your webiste. So is this normal i could find only these 2 and correct me maybe im wrong but if i take only these 2 for consideration then the login would be 09555 and the code 04255.
I'm asking because I manage to login and code the abs and esp but the esp started to flash again on my dash it happens after i drove a mile or something its pretty random. The login and the code that I used is not these 2 above. I used 09355 and 04455. Is it possible that i have still the problem with esp because it was coded improperly. I doubt there is a problem with the sensor itself because before i didnt have any problems with that but i will have to check that aswell.
Your help will be appreciated.

Ok thanks for advice. Why do I need to state the serial number of the cable? Is that important for login/code later ?

Because Ross-Tech only supports legitimate registered users of our product. If you have not registered with us, then the first step in contacting us is to identify who you are and the license serial number we issued for a real genuine VCDS system. Without proper vetting, we will not give any support.

ahh ok. Well I dont have the vcds system at all thats why i was asking why is it so important. It was done by my friends mechanic and he didnt seems to know what login/code should it be thats why im trying to find out by myself. Have to contact him for that number then.
Regards.

Hi , I am rokie in this forum.

First of all I'm sorry for my bad grammar , English is not my strong size , but I try to explain what kind of problem I had :)

I need to reprogramm my car's ABS/ESP module and set steering wheel angle. I try , but something is wrong.

My car is :

Audi A6(c5) Avant
2002 year
1.9 TDI ( engine code AWX 96kw/130hp.)
Manual gearbox

ABS modul is Bosch ESP 5.7
4B0 614 517 G
And brake typ is 1 LB

That's how I try :

1) Switch ignition On
2) Connect the VCDS to my car
3) Go to ABS Brakes
4) Then I go to this link http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A6/S6/RS6/allroad_(4B)
5) There I select my type car , than [03] - brake electronics & than Bosch 5.7
6) There is nummbers I need , if I understand it correctly I need Login 07555 & Coding 06255. Correct ?
7) Than back in VCDS I select Login and enter 07555
8) Than I select Coding and enter 06255

And right now my problems begin :(

VCDS reconnect's to ABS , than it shows that soft coding is 00000 & wsc 00000

And nothing happens.

Can anybody explain what I doing wrong , why I can't reprogram ABS ?

Hopefully you can understand what kind of problem I had :)

Reactions: Sean2705
Hi NHLFANS, did you solved the problem???, I have the exact same problem...

Reactions: Sean2705
Hi NHLFANS and bskmiki, did you solved that problem yet? I also have that issue

Hello Dana,
I've got a similar problem. How do i know which login/code is right by reading that sticker the "PR" codes from my car its a VW passat 2002. So far there are only 2 parts of that PR codes on that sticker 1ZC and T9J that match the information for login and coding for vw passat on your webiste. So is this normal i could find only these 2 and correct me maybe im wrong but if i take only these 2 for consideration then the login would be 09555 and the code 04255.
I'm asking because I manage to login and code the abs and esp but the esp started to flash again on my dash it happens after i drove a mile or something its pretty random. The login and the code that I used is not these 2 above. I used 09355 and 04455. Is it possible that i have still the problem with esp because it was coded improperly. I doubt there is a problem with the sensor itself because before i didnt have any problems with that but i will have to check that aswell.
Your help will be appreciated.
Hi if your vehicle is Passat 2002 with Bosch 5.7 with esp this is how to code the system with vag.com pr number 1zc connect to vehicle go to component go to abs go to login and log in using code 09555 then click done if the spinning icon on next screen is spinning then it’s the right log in then select coding immediately after don’t access any other feature. Then input code 04255 then click done. Icon should still be spinning. Do not access any other feature or codes will be lost. Click log in again imput code 04168 then click done. Icon still spinning then click basic settings then select stering angle g85 calibration and calibrate angle sensor if it says ok for sensor click done. Then return to abs and scan your codes will now be saved and no faults should be present. If it asks for workshop no when coding use 12345 do not leave it 00000. If it asks for import code use code 444 if codes are present in these boxes there is no need to change them. Hope this helps you

Hi , I am rokie in this forum.

First of all I'm sorry for my bad grammar , English is not my strong size , but I try to explain what kind of problem I had :)

I need to reprogramm my car's ABS/ESP module and set steering wheel angle. I try , but something is wrong.

My car is :

Audi A6(c5) Avant
2002 year
1.9 TDI ( engine code AWX 96kw/130hp.)
Manual gearbox

ABS modul is Bosch ESP 5.7
4B0 614 517 G
And brake typ is 1 LB

That's how I try :

1) Switch ignition On
2) Connect the VCDS to my car
3) Go to ABS Brakes
4) Then I go to this link http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A6/S6/RS6/allroad_(4B)
5) There I select my type car , than [03] - brake electronics & than Bosch 5.7
6) There is nummbers I need , if I understand it correctly I need Login 07555 & Coding 06255. Correct ?
7) Than back in VCDS I select Login and enter 07555
8) Than I select Coding and enter 06255

And right now my problems begin :(

VCDS reconnect's to ABS , than it shows that soft coding is 00000 & wsc 00000

And nothing happens.

Can anybody explain what I doing wrong , why I can't reprogram ABS ?

Hopefully you can understand what kind of problem I had :)
Connect to car use your correct log in code if you don’t have it send me pr code and car info and I’ll get you your codes. Click select module click abs select log in imput log in code click done it should return to log in screen and have spinning icon. Then select coding. Imput proper code and the workshop code of 12345 import 444 if asked for then click done. Do not leave workshop code 00000 if it’s says it’s that. Then click done. Do not do anything else. Then click log in again. Then imput 04168 then click done. Then go to output tests select steering angle sensor g85 calibration and do the procedure of screen says sensor calibration is ok click done. Then click abs again and scan for fault codes non should be present and codes will be stored.

If anyone has this problem I got a little tip for you. I tried recoding my module multiple times. Tried different codes almost everything. If none of the coding works for you try this. Turn on the car go to ABS module do the login and then the coding, but don't do the alignment yer and don't leave the abs module yet, do a little lap around the neighbourhood and when you return then do the steering alignment. If that doesn't work do the alignment before you go for a drive. But make sure you don't leave the BRAKE MODULE. For me the problem was that I did the login and coding, coding saves like it should be but when I did the alignment everything return to 00000.
It's quite a hassle to code these module.

Hopefully this information was helpful.

I have the same problem encoding abs Bosch 8.0

For Audi a4 b7 2.0 alt cvt

Attachments

• IMG_٢٠٢٢١٢١٩_٠٠٥١١٩.jpg
    IMG_٢٠٢٢١٢١٩_٠٠٥١١٩.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 154
I have the same problem encoding abs Bosch 8.0

For Audi a4 b7 2.0 alt cvt
Member if u or a friend has genuine Vcds u could join Ross-Tech forums and post an Autoscan 1st and once they check ur cable is genuine i am sure some1 with Vcds experience will help you

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk