ABS Problems

danny104

Reaction score
Help / Advice Needed -

My ABS light keeps coming on. I have plugged it into VagCom and get the following error in the engine section.

Tuesday,21,April,2009,13:02:33:26365
VAG-COM Version: Release 704.1

Address 01: Engine
Control Module Part Number: 4B0 907 401 K
Component and/or Version: 22.5l/4VT EDC G000AG D50
Software Coding: 01001
Work Shop Code: WSC 02325
1 Fault Found:
18259 - Powertrain Data Bus: Missing Message from ABS Controller
P1851 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Readiness: N/A

I can't access the ABS Control Module. On the occasion i can get into it the module registers NO faults.

I have read some other forum's and they suggest getting the control module re-built (bba-reman). All the checks i have done suggests the ABS Control Module is not working.

I have now taken the car to a garage and they have told me that the ABS Pump is not working. I quizzed this and asked how they come to this conclusion, as i think its the Control Module. They said that they removed the control module and tested the pump and got no joy, hence the reason for pump broken.

Has anybody got any ideas on what i should do?? :sos:

Re-Build control module for £100

OR

Re-Conditioned Pump and Module for £600 (fitted)

I would gor for rebuild. I do repair these myself and if someone will do the job properly there will be no problems but if they are messers you'll need another unit.
Just wondering how they tested the pump with no control unit? Weird... Maybe they have broken it ;)

They didn't want to tell me too much about how they tested it. He did say they had a special lead for the V6 engines.

I didn't think they could be tested without the control module attached.

Many Thanks for your reply, think i will go for the repair of the control module first.

bba reman repaired mine after the same communication problems. It seems to be a known problem with these cars when they get older. I'd go for that first as if the pump is knackered you would still get communication with the controller. Do you know or trust the garage or are they just trying it on.

Cheers for your reply, I took the advice and got BBA to look / repair and it turned out that the earth wire in the control module had falen off and touching another wire.

Audi recommened that I go to this garage, never again I saved myself at least £500.:beerchug:

Hello again,

Need some more advice please guys!!!

I read the fault memory using Vag Com today and i noticed another fault in the memory, below -

Friday,03,July,2009,16:56:25:26365
VAG-COM Version: Release 704.1
Address 03: ABS Brakes
Control Module Part Number: 8E0 614 111 AH
Component and/or Version: ABS/ASR 5.3 FRONT D00
Software Coding: 00011
Work Shop Code: WSC 02325
1 Fault Found:
01203 - Electrical Connection between ABS and Instrument Cluster
31-00 - Open or Short to Ground
-----------------------------------------

Has anybody had this before?? Is the the control module that has gone wrong yet again??

I am going to speak to BBA Reman on Monday who repaired it the first time and see what they think.

Any advice would be good, cheers

Is this a new fault or just logged in the memory. IIRC I got this fault as well when my controller packed up

Is this a new fault or just logged in the memory. IIRC I got this fault as well when my controller packed up

When I delete the fault code it will come straight back. I have now changed the ABS Control Module and I still get the error.

I am starting to wonder if it is the Instrument Cluster that is playing up.

Hmmm..They tested the pump even without the control unit? That is impossible. I am really an expert on this one that is why I recommend you to have a second opinion on a different car mechanic. From there you would have an idea. And just to share my knowledge on engines, just incase you are changing your valves, you should use a Valve Spring Cup Cutter so that it will be nicely done.

I know don't know why he stated they had tested it. There is nothing wrong with the pump. I think there is a problem with my instrument cluster