Abt factory approved tuning

Audi is more conservative and doesn’t want to open the flood gates for claims.
That’s cheap as well for £500. Abt chip is like £1200 normally.

Last edited:
What is really interesting is that in Germany ABT is a warranty approved tune for Audi. It is not approved in all European countries though e.g. France.
All about positioning, everybody knows 365bhp ish is a doddle for the engine but an S3 starts stepping on the RS3 in the hierarchy if the S3 is running that power. Imagine the take up if Audi were to offer a 360bhp S3 for say £500-1500 more than base S3............would sell like hot cakes.

I looked at ABT on my S3 but was around £2.2k all in but they did use the drive select mode to turn the tune on i.e. you could use it in 300bhp mode on the road and 360bhp on the track.

Approaching £40k for a Seat though...........

Audi is more conservative and doesn’t want to open the flood gates for claims.
That’s cheap as well for £500. Any chip is like £1200 normally.
But Audi does approve Abt tuning in Germany.......

I looked at ABT on my S3 but was around £2.2k all in but they did use the drive select mode to turn the tune on i.e. you could use it in 300bhp mode on the road and 360bhp on the track.

Approaching £40k for a Seat though...........

That’s pretty neat doing through the drive select.
I can remember my mates mk4 golf has a remap and it was controlled through the cruise control on off switch. On it had remap and off it was factory map. He knew his mrs didn’t use cruise so it was never on for her.

Same could be said .. That Why don't Audi offer a factory fit exhaust upgrade when VW offered a Remus exhaust upgrade ...on the Golf R Simples its not in keeping with the Cars image that Audi want to portray

Same could be said .. That Why don't Audi offer a factory fit exhaust upgrade when VW offered a Remus exhaust upgrade ...on the Golf R Simples its not in keeping with the Cars image that Audi want to portray
Did the golf not have an akroprovic(sp?) for £5k never seen it in UK spec but seen videos online.

It sets an interesting precedent though.............ABT have a large selection of go faster/noisier/stop better bits so Seat might open the flood gates......what do you mean my warranty is invalid with an ABT exhaust yet my car has an ABT badge from the factory on the back!
I would be miffed spending a chunk of cash on a VW/Audi whatever to find me mate at Seat has an approved stage1.

Abt does an extended warranty so if factory warranty doesn’t pay then they will pay. That’s how mitigate the risk. It’s a limited warranty though.