acces to the site

same here didnt know what to do tryed ringing a help line but child line said they couldnt help me

I know, the site was a big fail for the last day or so! I had the shakes, and didn't know what to do with my spare (work) time!

Yes someone forgot to renew the domain, so went into redemption, then DNS had to propagate.

Its not a case of not affording, it isnt the hosting either just the domain name itself wasnt paid for, so no routing of traffic was possible as DNS had dropped of due to no renewal, tbh renewal of domain is fairly cheap

Last edited:
Lol, I couldn't get on - I thought my laptop was virus'd! Welcome back ASN!

If it was only the DNS server then you can type the IP address in manually - IP 91.215.180.65. I've saved it now.

Letting the domain expire...was that not a little risky incase someone came along and stole it? Schoolboy error, lol!

Glad it's back though :)

it dosn't work like that. It would have to be idle for more than 24 hours!

I had such a good idea for a thread yesterday. Now I can't remember what it was.

Now therein lies the problem...a missed Aythree thread is a severe blow! I was on holiday last week, and was wondering what random threads you were cooking up.

it dosn't work like that. It would have to be idle for more than 24 hours!

Actually it also doesnt work like that either, it would not have gone to someone else for a fair while tbh, it protects the current renter as such with time periods incase say they've been hospitalised, lost internet connection etc etc, when it expires it will go into redemption for 30 days, after redemption its usually stuck up for auction by the registrar who usually have paid the fees upfront on some domains, registrar dependent tbh as mine has done before or they stick it back into the domain for purchase which tbh takes a long time anyway as none of the processes are immediate.

I had such a good idea for a thread yesterday. Now I can't remember what it was.

Knowing you, it'll crop up any minute. :)

Actually it also doesnt work like that either, it would not have gone to someone else for a fair while tbh, it protects the current renter as such with time periods incase say they've been hospitalised, lost internet connection etc etc, when it expires it will go into redemption for 30 days, after redemption its usually stuck up for auction by the registrar who usually have paid the fees upfront on some domains, registrar dependent tbh as mine has done before or they stick it back into the domain for purchase which tbh takes a long time anyway as none of the processes are immediate.

:yes:

Knowing you, it'll crop up any minute. :)

:yes:

Well thanks to the site owner for getting AS.net back up and running, such a thankless task I'd imagine....

Ooohhh was getting worried yesterday! Had to go to bed early as there was nothing to do....... haa haa Welcome back ASN! (Sheesh what a sad lot we are!!!!lol)

Man, yesterday was such a boring day at work!!

Welcome back ASN... :)

Signed...

Self confessed ASN Addict!!