Adaptive Headlights error

ABS2788

Reaction score
So it’s medium to heavy snow where I am based.
Took the car out this afternoon for shopping and then beep - adaptive headlight error on dash.
I Parked in front of a shop and notice the yellow cornering lights were not working when dipped beams on and turning steering wheel left to right.
Is it because of cold weather that’s it’s thrown a fault? Where would I start with this without taking it to dealers? Thanks
It’s a rs4 b8

I'd start with a vcds scan first. If you don't have one it's definitely worth investing in, or maybe someone local to yourself could help you out

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I just got it read - it’s says stationary cornering lamp right (M52)
Would that effect both of them though as the left yellow cornering light doesn’t work either

Replace the bulb, see if it resolves.

Yeh I’m guessing it’s most likely bulb. I reset code, turned steering to left and yellow cornering bulb came on, turned to right and no light then fault code came back.

doesn’t anyone know is it a bumper off job or is it accessible without. It’s zero degrees so not looking to attempt anything now ha

It's easier to change the bulb by taking the headlight out, but it can be done without. Depends how big your hands are!
Bumper doesn't need to come off. I replaced mine with LEDs from Emtuning.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Can you tell me what bulb type they are? I think I’ll have to attempt when the weather warms up

If one bulb blows then they are both deactivated along with the error code. Not that helpful when you want to diagnose which one is blown. But VCDS does tell you. Change the bulb, clear the code and they will come back on. I changed mine from the back of the lamp. I didn’t take the headlights out but you do need to remove the air box to get to the right hand bulb.

Oh and they are H7. I bought these to match the xenon’s on my B8.5 facelift.

OSRAM COOL BLUE INTENSE H7, headlight bulb for halogen headlamps, xenon effect for white light, 64210CBI-HCB, 12V passenger car, duobox (2 units)
Amazon product

And I changed the fogs to match while I was there.
OSRAM COOL BLUE INTENSE H8, headlight bulb for halogen headlamps, xenon effect for white light, 64212CBI-HCB, 12 V passenger car, duobox (2 units)
Amazon product

Thanks for the reply. I’ve ordered some Philips h7 white equivalent. It’s my drivers side bulb but will replace both now with these.
I watched a YouTube video where they took the headlights out without removal of bumper (just wiggled it out) so I may try this first. When weather picks up eventually

It’s quite easy to get the air box out. And you can empty the leaves out at the same time!