ADAS reset

stuart scott

Reaction score
With my quote from chips away for repairing a scratch in the door check ,there is an advisory note saying i will need my ADAS reset by a audi dealer !what is this and why?

Advanced Driver Assistance Systems

Which is a collection of systems.

Depends whats fitted to your car, depicts if any new calibrations are required.

Well thats what im asking im getting an inch long scratch touched up on the back arch in the door check by chips away !why will anything need reset?
I have other quotes that are double the price that haven’t mentioned a reset so i would like to know before incase they then mention it and im really out of pocket,i just wish i saw this before I bought the car ,in my defence it was raining like stairrods

Last edited:
Without knowing your car spec & systems fitted, I couldn't speculate on which one is needed to be calibrated.

Did you ask chips away &/or the dealer which system is fitted & thus required reset?

Nhn .do you do calibrations of a5 module or rvc ?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My bet is that it is a generic indemnity clause. That way, should you have an accident after a repair they cannot be held liable if the repair had affected a safety system. In the case of your repair, probably no chance of it having any effect whatsoever but they have to cover themselves. (see how I used the word "probably" there, that's my indemnity as well!)

Reactions: stuart scott
Can't see how a door repair would require a reset or calibration either...