Q7 Adblue fault

hullur

Reaction score
My Audi Q7 of 5 years old has suddenly thrown up Adblue fault and Engine check light on the dash. The local Audi garage has quoted a price of £2122.25 for new Adblue tank and module change to rectify the issue. I am not sure whether they are trying to fleece me or it genuinely costs so much to rectify the issue. I have no warranty. Any experience of dealing with similar problem or advice will be greatly appreciated from forum members.
Thanks
Chidu

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 11.16.00.pdf
    476.6 KB · Views: 187
Get it coded out?? Have seen various companies offering to code out Adblue issues with cars to keep them running or ensure they pass an MOT. Emissions wise the bit Adblue helps with, isn’t tested, and as long as no lights on dash, you couldn’t tell if the system was operating or not, definitely not checked as part of MOT.

The Audi garage claim fault with controlling unit and recommend change of tank and module. I am not very knowledgeable in automobile issues so not sure what the garage claims to be true. Is the software upgrade a solution to remove the lights from the dash or is it just pushing the problem further down the road?