Q5 ADBlue for the Q5

Leebroath

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Our warning light for 12000 miles came on to for AdBlue on our 66plate Q5, last week and we are now down to 600 miles left and the full warning message has came on permenantly stuck on the dash.

Can anyone please advise which Adblue liquid to use, how much Litres will I add and can anyone answer - when the first warning light comes on does that mean the liquid has ran out completly?

We were going to wait till next week but im starting to worry that 600 miles may run out quicker than we thought

Definitely dont run out completely, think the car will not operate correctly if you do. When I was running an A6 with adblue, pretty sure there was only one type and you just pour it in. Not sure what the tank size is for a Q5 but seem to think mine had 12 litres added. should be able to buy from Halfords or most decent garages.

Edit - seems to be 23 litres and you might want to read this...

https://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/models/layer/adblue.html

Reactions: Leebroath
There is a Minimum amount you need to Add before the Light goes out, Play safe and Add 20ltr , Shell garages do them in 10ltrs tubs with a Blue Filler neck attacheted . ...

The stuff is highly corrosive so take care with it, If it gets in your fule tank your looking at a full set of Injectors ect ... One of our driver add it to his Deisel and the bill was over 10k£ to put right ,

Came on to add the same - do not spill it all down the paintwork and if you do wipe off fully and completely immediately!

So glad to be in a petrol these days and not bothered by that stuff, although have had to top up the oil today (15600 miles from new, 3.0 V6)

So glad to be in a petrol these days and not bothered by that stuff, although have had to top up the oil today (15600 miles from new, 3.0 V6)

Its coming though! only a matter of time! a lot of petrol engines now have particulate filters so around 10yrs since diesel started using them. Not sure if it will be amble but guaranteed that some system will come along that adds complications to engines.