Added B&O tweeters to stock system

***DK***

Reaction score
Did this little retrofit today, adds a nice bit of extra sound to the stock system. Couldn't believe after 2 years I just worked out that the tweeter covers in the front doors were just fake covers with no speaker behind!

I dremeld the fake covers to make tiny holes which actually has worked well and the sound transmits fine. You really can't see the holes once fitted beck on.

bf586882bef8dd2bd2474afd9308ee3c.jpg
5262633aa074b422961d35d08d08ecbe.jpg
52522e888ada3df869d539024979a05b.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally, Sir Chumpalot, NHN and 1 other person
Hold up! Seriously those covers have no speakers behind them?
Just as stupid as the whole fake exhaust tips in bumpers nowadays:blink:

Reactions: PenttisHSR
No it's non B&O

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Ah ok cheers. Do you know if the tweeters will be present in the B&O system? I miss my Meridian Surround system and looking at what could be done with the B&O.

Ah ok cheers. Do you know if the tweeters will be present in the B&O system? I miss my Meridian Surround system and looking at what could be done with the B&O.
On b8/b8.5 if you have the B&O then you should have the different tweeter speaker covers with the silver ring. Those are real covers and have these tweeters behind them (well they should have anyway). Easy to check just slide a credit card or trim removal tool down the side of the cover and it pops off most of the way to see inside. It stays attached at the bottom by a pin that the door card holds in place.