Adding a Sub?

A3 Sport

Reaction score
Its crossed my mind to add a sub to the car, to improve the sound system a bit. But would I have to tell the insurance - ready for them to hike the premium on? Sometimes its daft, I looked at changing the wheels and putting some bigger ones on, and they wanted another £3000 then, purely because the car was 'modified'.

:shrug:

i have a feeling that they were only doing that because they know they have you in a contract and so you'd HAVE to pay that amount. if you brought it up when you were due for renewal i doubt it'd make any difference at all.

sub wise - why? i don't really see the point unless you have BOSE and were thinking of AndyMac's sub or something. i doubt a sub on it's own with a standard system is gonna be that effective but tbh i've never had a non-BOSE car so i can't claim to be a top authority on the subject

Well Im thinking of changing the car.. and maybe moving to the darkside with a 1 Series with a bit more power. Its only a thought at the moment though, and my thoughts were to get a White M Sport 3 Door, and add some Anthracite BBS CH 19"s on to it, but when doing an insurance quote, I ticked modified - then bigger wheels, and it went up £3000 more than it was previously when it was standard! So, with regards to a sub, Ive not had a proper listen to the sound system in a 1 Series yet, but if its no good, I could maybe add a sub and uprate other components, but I was just wondering whether the insurance company would still want to rape me for doing this.. if that makes sense!

Thanks