Adding an aux input to a 2010 A6

Red D

Reaction score
Posted this in the A6 forum, so apologies for double-posting, but figured it might be better in here...

My car doesnt have an aux input and I could do with one. Whats the cheapest way of doing this?

I dont need the CD changer, so happy to remove that.

Any links to the best piece of kit to use?

or is there anyone in the yorkshire area you can recommend to do it?

Cheers

Which system is fitted currently, any pics?

Which system is fitted currently, any pics?

Hi, this is it... I think its the MMI 3G;

From reading various forums, it seems Audi had a period in 2010 where they built the cars without the Aux/iphone input - instead opting for SD cards.

The SD feature is great, until spotify came along and I wanted to stream music. :(

Ive found a kit in the £3-400 range, which is aimed more towards playing music from your ipod and seeing track details on the screen. I dont need this, merely an aux so wondered if disconnecting the CD changer and splicing the L/R cables would work?

Also seems weird that you cant stream music via bluetooth?

We've fitted ami to these systems & used the ami bt dongle for streaming, works well, albeit at a cost but then it gives you facility for using usb drives, streaming, ipod etc.

We've fitted ami to these systems & used the ami bt dongle for streaming, works well, albeit at a cost but then it gives you facility for using usb drives, streaming, ipod etc.

ok cheers, looks like my options are a new AMI at £300+ or something like this

Audi A5 A6 A7 A8 Q5 Q7 MOST iPod iPhone MP3 Aux-In Adaptor For MMi 3G Basic/High | eBay

Or as a final resport, would this work;

New VW 3G Retrofit Kit AMI Audi Music Interface iPod iPhone adapter RNS850 | eBay#

thanks in advance

Yes the ami kit we fit for these systems is approximately £300 subject to checking price for parts.