Additional Road Tax

twiggytheninja

Reaction score
When I ordered my S3 I made sure that the car would fall under the Additional Road Tax bracket, which I was informed that it would be. Audi then increased their prices. I then confirmed prior to delivery that the car would still fall (even thought the new price is over). I was told then yes it was still under.

So I have my V5 and it states on the front page that the car has the Additional Road Tax applied. I have been in contact with the dealer who keeps telling me not to worry and they will pay the additional road tax for the time that I own the car, but I haven't yet got this in writing from a senior member of the dealership.

Just would like to know what my options are or if anyone has been in the same situation and they managed to resolve it with the DVLA.

When I ordered my S3 I made sure that the car would fall under the Additional Road Tax bracket, which I was informed that it would be. Audi then increased their prices. I then confirmed prior to delivery that the car would still fall (even thought the new price is over). I was told then yes it was still under.

So I have my V5 and it states on the front page that the car has the Additional Road Tax applied. I have been in contact with the dealer who keeps telling me not to worry and they will pay the additional road tax for the time that I own the car, but I haven't yet got this in writing from a senior member of the dealership.

Just would like to know what my options are or if anyone has been in the same situation and they managed to resolve it with the DVLA.
Well you won't have any options with the DVLA because if it's over it's over which includes Audi increasing their prices unless it's an actual error - Have you been through your invoice - Remember the Delivery Charge, Number Plates plus VAT is added (about £700) is included in the on the road price for tax purposes

first year road tax is included , on second year they can tell you anything i catch audi dealers at many lies so dont believe them much :) all they want its sell car