Adelaide A5 Quattro Cab 2010 3.0

Melges514

Reaction score
Hi there:

Just acquired our first Audi or indeed VAG of any kind:

3.0 diesel Quattro cabriolet 2010. Grey metallic with red inserts on the black leather seats.

Drove it last week in Brisbane for a couple of hours. We also had the engineer's inspection done prior to sale and being shipped down from Queensland next week. Higher mileage for year, one Doctor owner and full main dealer history and got them to put all new rotors and pads and so on this morning after the inspection plus dealt with a few stone chips etc.

Very nice, solid car. Should do very nicely in our Adelaide Hills etc.

We'll see how it goes.

Cheers,

Hello and Welcome to Audi-Sport.Net :)
Car sounds gorgeous, when you get it make sure you get some pics up !

Car is being prepped to ship to Adelaide end of the week. New rotors are fitted and we had to put on new rear shocks too for the roadworthy cert.
We ended up respraying the front fender and rear fender also, replaced the aluminium trim fillet thing in the DS door, putting on a clear coat plastic sheet on the leading edge of the hood/ bonnet and finally on arrival we will use the Renovo product on the roof to bring it's black back. Have had good reports and the Renovo man himself phoned me too to offer copious advice so all good.
We bought a warranty from Allianz which sounded similar to their product in the US where we moved from (and had said warranty on an S Class-disastrous car but warranty well worth it!).
Just in time for Adelaide Hills cruising with the wife next week...will post photos as soon as we can.

Reactions: Audi Dynamik
Fantastic drive in the Adelaide Hills today after picking up the beastie from the shipping company over near Salisbury.
We started by bedding in the new rotors and pads then after lunch in Stirling we discovered a lovely car to drive with it's 3.0 litres turbo oiler delivering ludicrous torque in the mid range. Fairly blasting up Greenhill.
As a car of some mass I think it likes to be driven swiftly, somewhat competently and with smoothness. There are some great sweepers between Crafars and the back of Summertown where my darling wife (whose car it actually is) and my lanky13 year old footie player sons were squealing. Even though I am 6ft 4inches I just slid forwards to admit the lanky lads. It was all fine for driving. The space is wide so a splay knee worked. MUCH better than the Saab (See below) or the Volvo folding top we rented in SoCal a few year back. The boys were much smaller and it was way too tight.
Having NEVER previously owned a VAG car (came close on a Phaeton a couple of times when in Houston and messed with a few TTs) we found the sound system and all the rest of it pretty intuitive even though it's a 2010. It truly shames our 2012 Volvo XC90 in the interface department (Hah! XC90's are appalling in this regard). Hopefully when we switch to the new version of the XC90 it will be worth it and the Swedes will be up to 2005...
But back to the Audi we love the upholstery. Not seen anywhere else in 2 tone red black. We had a Saab Aero with black and white back in the US but the quality on this car is super in comparo.
We got the stone chips touched up on the bonnet and had a clear plastic "bra" thingy fitted. Looks super and delighted. No idea who made it though. Tomorrow it gets the Renovo job on the top. The pics of the beastie are from the chap who sold us the car in Queensland. We will have our own pics soon. Was too busy driving today. It is amazing that the previous owner paid 120K AUS Dollars for this 3 years ago. In Houston the salesman will sell you a gorgeous glass top Targa for that with change but in Aus, used the Audi drophead is a keeper.

Attachments

• IMG_7900R.jpg
    IMG_7900R.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_7907R.jpg
    IMG_7907R.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_7915 R-1.jpg
    IMG_7915 R-1.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 146
Today we trundled up to Stirling, grabbed a coffee at the amazing winery cafe just behind the Stirling Hotel and then tried out the S setting for a run up and down the old freeway "Eagle On The Hill", a superb twisty bit of quality road that must have been lethal as a freeway.
This car absolutely flies on roads like these. The S is super punchy. I need to understand how the hell this thing works (the multiplate clutch) because it is a tremendous feat of engineering. it was chilly in the hills too so we tried the neck blower. Outstanding!
I would love this car in Spain on some of those newer roads out of the Pyrenees!
The other thing and indeed the main thing is that my wife loves it to drive as well as to be driven in. VERY quiet on the standard auto setting because the engine is barely turning over. Unruffled progress with the top down having a nice chat without shouting.
Someone up the street has the new E drop head. I know which I prefer...

Last edited:
Did the Renovo job on the roof.

1. Special cleaner
2. 3 coats of the "recover" in black
3. 2 coats of the waterproofer

Looks nice in the bright Adelaide sunshine. Wheels were repainted also.

Attachments

• IMG_1065.jpg
    IMG_1065.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1066.jpg
    IMG_1066.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 136
Meant to post this also. Quite red.

Attachments

• IMG_7919 R-1.jpg
    IMG_7919 R-1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 174
Glad you liking you car :)
It looks gorgeous and when the roof is down with the beaming on a hot day hmmmm.

Had the car 4 months now. Impressions:
1. Superb freeway car with really strong beast like acceleration from 60-80
2. Spring cool but sunny days show the value of those neck heaters.
3. Nothing better than cruising around Adelaide wineries driving the wife's tipsy mates and relaxing in the sunshine nursing a single glass of cold climate Shiraz.
We love driving it! I drove a Carrera convertible the other day. All a bit busy. Is it my age?