Adrian Flux - is this a joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun_Mac

Reaction score
Good Afternoon everyone!

This morning I had to call my insurance (Adrian Flux) and make an adjustment to my policy. This adjustment was only changing my job title, this was been changed to a Car Detailer/Valeter. After been on hold for 10minutes the lady returned to tell me that they wouldn't be able to change my job title and that my policy would be cancelled. So as you do I started searching for a new policy with a different company, received a quote and just before buying this I thought I would ring Adrian Flux up again to see when I was gonna be receiving some money back as I paid my policy in full. The lady then went away and returned saying that they actually would be able to change my job title at an extra cost but I would lose my benefit of been able to drive other cars which I had paid for under flexi cover or whatever they call it. When I questioned this they said I wouldn't be able to have that on my policy due to me now working in the motor trade? Is this something people have heard of?

Cheers
Shaun.

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for the post and yes that is correct. Most insurers will not include the 'Driving other Cars' extension of the policy if you are employed in the motor industry as a technician or other related jobs - even as a valeter. The reason being is that you are invariably going to potentially be driving other people's cars on a daily basis. The extension is there to drive other cars not owned and registered to the insured and the insurers cannot offer this where the risk is greater as you are going to possibly be driving multiple vehicles not owned and registered to you.

Additionally our 'Flexdrive' cover which can be added as a policy add-on is only available where your policy does have the 'Driving other Cars' extension in force. This is unfortunate but you will find that many insurers will not entitle you to have this due to the new occupation.

If I can be of further assistance please message me and I can respond.

Many thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

When I phoned this morning and asked the question of changing my job title I was told that my policy would be cancelled because there wasn't anything they could do about this... she had said that they tried other under writers but nobody could help and had 7 days insurance left.

I then phoned again after 30minutes to be asked if I had found a new quote which I had... and then all of a sudden it was possible for your company to change the job title at an extra cost but to also remove my flexi cover.

What happened within the space of 30minutes that was able to change it?

Thanks

Shaun

Hi again Shaun,

Thanks for coming back to me and I'd like to look into this - would you mind just messaging me your full name / postcode so I can investigate?

Thanks

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.