Ads3 thread

I just read that link you put up, I was set on only doing the rear till I read that.....a lil more £££ leaves the account lol
Did you get new or 2nd hand? I been offered a set for £140 think il go with them in stead of new

Did you get new or 2nd hand? I been offered a set for £140 think il go with them in stead of new
That's a fair deal on both for that price, I'm on the look out for a 2nd hand one so if you hear of one drop me a message bud.

I’ve got someone else coming back to me with a price so I’m let you know

Reactions: ADs3
I’ve got someone else coming back to me with a price so I’m let you know
Ok cool, let me know what the outcome is Tj.
If they dont want to sell the front one separately I'll buy front & rear as long as the price is right & then I'll sell the rear one on as it's a good upgrade on it's own so someone will want it.

Liking the thread ADs3 well done mate. This mod I did years ago and from what I remember made a good difference rear 19mm arb only, now I’m going to change the front while subframe is off just torn between powerflex bushes front and rear or super pro is there much in them apart from price.

Liking the thread ADs3 well done mate. This mod I did years ago and from what I remember made a good difference rear 19mm arb only, now I’m going to change the front while subframe is off just torn between powerflex bushes front and rear or super pro is there much in them apart from price.
Thanks bud, just when I think I'm there with it, it evolves a little more with something else needing/being done but such is the way lol.

I wouldn't think there's any real difference between the two. I know powerflex have there black series but that's geared more towards track/motorsport cars.
I've used super pro on previous cars & have no complaints, at the end of the day there both quality products it just comes down to choice I reckon.

I've just installed some super pro caster increasing bushes into a set of early TT front arms with super pro front bushes which I got from Paul at cookbot, your probably aware of his site anyway but if not have a look & drop him a email if you've any queries with what to go for mate I'm sure he'll sort you out.

Reactions: s3gazz
Thanks fella.

Ye mate u can just keep pushing these cars,

I’ll drop him an email I need a lot of bushes as the car has been sat 5 years doing nothing so need to change all of them I bet.

Thanks fella.

Ye mate u can just keep pushing these cars,

I’ll drop him an email I need a lot of bushes as the car has been sat 5 years doing nothing so need to change all of them I bet.
What you got planned for the car ? Let me know what he says as all mine will need changing maybe see if he’s interested in doing a group buy if more people’s want them

Swapped out the airtec for a home brew welly cooler with hard pipes coming of the end tanks to keep the fog lights.

Swaged the pipes to 76mm to keep a smooth flow as it transitions to 63mm.

All fits nicely & clears the fogs by a mile. Had thought about painting the hard pipes black but wanted to see how it looked on a silver car with the polished pipes before I actually decided to paint them.......
20190524 173123 resized
20190524 193438 resized
20190525 131316 resized
20190525 181643 resized1

Reactions: S3AMJ and hydro s3
Smoke test done today.......mapping Wednesday
FB IMG 1559319040842

Reactions: hydro s3, s3gazz and S3AMJ
Looking forward to this! Good work mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Feels like it's taken for ever to get to this point I have to admit lol

If it makes what the turbo is quoted at I'll be happy, if it makes more after the extra effort here & there then that's a bonus but anything less & I'll be a bit p#ssed off tbh

Just read this from start to finish. Great thread an a very interesting read.

Has given me a bit of inspiration an motivation for mine.

Just read this from start to finish. Great thread an a very interesting read.

Has given me a bit of inspiration an motivation for mine.

Thank you, its one of the shorter threads........if you've a couple of weeks free you should check out tuffys or prawns lol

Thank you, its one of the shorter threads........if you've a couple of weeks free you should check out tuffys or prawns lol

I have read Tufftys which took me an absolute age but well worth it. I kinda don’t want to start prawns as I know how long it will take haha

Car was mapped Wednesday by Ben Parsons at Devil developments in Littlehampton, couldn't recommend Ben enough for anyone wanting there car mapped.

Turns out the timing is out a small amount & we didn't run it with meth this time around so there's still more to come.
I've got a cat cams vernier pulley to fit for when I go back and it'll be run on meth on my next visit to extract more.

All in all I think it didn't do to bad considering the spec, timings out & no meth........I was surprised it didn't really drop off till 6900rpm
20190605 095735 resized

Screenshot 20190607 200716 Gallery

Reactions: hydro s3
Very good result considering that’s what mine was achieving with meth! Look forward to seeing what its happy with once you’ve got the niggles sorted mate

Very good result considering that’s what mine was achieving with meth! Look forward to seeing what its happy with once you’ve got the niggles sorted mate

Always something unforeseen isn't there buddy lol

Out of interest at what psi were you making those numbers & what were the egt's like?

The car was running 25-26psi getting my figures. Can’t remember on EGT’s but would imagine they were quite good considering everything’s ceramic coated allowing gases to move away quicker...... allegedly.

The car was running 25-26psi getting my figures. Can’t remember on EGT’s but would imagine they were quite good considering everything’s ceramic coated allowing gases to move away quicker...... allegedly.

No worries, I was curious to know how much of a effect the wmi has on egt's but theres variables between our set up's to give a comparison on its effects.

I'm at 21psi & the highest egt reading 820 when being mapped.
Been trawling the net & read that egt protection kicks in at 925 so I'm hoping it can drop it down to allow more boost & ignition advance to be run before getting near that safe guard of 925.

In the states they run a higher psi on there hybrids like 30 psi with wmi.

I've bought 25 ltr of meth & 25 ltr of deionised water to mix myself.........on the way home from picking it up I got into a tussle with a Mitsubishi legnum before I remembered what it was I had in the boot slamming around! had this horrible vision of going up in a invisible fire ball lol

Looked into what cc nozzle I should be using for best results, aem make it look easy with the table chart they use but the more I read & looked into it near enough every manufacturer has different opinions on what cc nozzle to use ***

Sorry a random question about your fmic. I'm going to try to lower mine as there's no way it fits behind the fogs/grills. Was there good clearance with yours as I'm going to try and copy your fitment as I also have welded elbows.

IMG 1416

How much lower would you suggest? Around 50mm?

20190612 181722

Drop it down to the very top of the 3rd bar so its level with the crash bar.
My fog grills had already been modified at the back to accept the welly cooler so you still might need to cut them at the back with the welly cooler.....trial and error bud

No worries, I was curious to know how much of a effect the wmi has on egt's but theres variables between our set up's to give a comparison on its effects.

I'm at 21psi & the highest egt reading 820 when being mapped.
Been trawling the net & read that egt protection kicks in at 925 so I'm hoping it can drop it down to allow more boost & ignition advance to be run before getting near that safe guard of 925.

In the states they run a higher psi on there hybrids like 30 psi with wmi.

I've bought 25 ltr of meth & 25 ltr of deionised water to mix myself.........on the way home from picking it up I got into a tussle with a Mitsubishi legnum before I remembered what it was I had in the boot slamming around! had this horrible vision of going up in a invisible fire ball lol

Looked into what cc nozzle I should be using for best results, aem make it look easy with the table chart they use but the more I read & looked into it near enough every manufacturer has different opinions on what cc nozzle to use ***

You won’t be running out of water meth anytime soon mate haha.

Yeah to be honest I wasn’t clued up enough on the nozzle sizes.... I’d recommend putting a call into Bruce at CoolingMist. Extremely helpful.

I have bad visions of that amount of meth rattling around in the boot haha!

To quote pirelli "power is nothing without control".
And after I swapped out my old front arms for the new powder coated early tt ones with 30mm front Bush & caster increasing rear bushes plus cookbot rear arms i really didn't have any control of what my car wanted to do....scary drive to have my geometry sorted!
Proper fecked
20190614 154453 resized

Back in control
20190618 191810 resized

Look to nice not to be seen again
20190618 191925 resized

Old vs new
20190618 192038 resized
20190618 192127 resized
head light level arm required a spacer made of silicone pipe
20190611 180701 resized

Whilst under the car I got this funny idea that my rear sub frame needs powder coating & all new polly bushes too.......urgh lol

Last edited:
Reactions: S3AMJ and s3gazz
Whether I'm going to generate enough cornering speed to get oil surge remains to be seen lol but seeing as I'm looking at getting the car on track this year I thought it wise to fit a sump baffle kit
20190704 184442 resized

Reactions: Gonzokew
Haven't updated for a while, bits & pieces have been happening & breaking

Added another wmi nozzle post ic this time to accompany the one that's mounted in the throttle body
20190629 145304 resized
20190629 151910 resized
meths still not hooked up & wont be till I go to have the map tweaked once I've gotten everything installed.

I've had to replace the throttle body which involved tapping it for a wmi nozzle & painting with black crinkle after the old one gave up just as I joined the m25! Oh what timing lol.
Drove home with the slightest of throttle hoping no one would pull out in front of me & cause me to lose momentum.......this is England so everyone just pulls out on you with no warning making it a frustrating 30 mile journey home.

Replaced pads & discs with m-tec C hook discs, went with mintex 1144 pads & added a set of Hel stainless link pipes whilst I was there
20190906 155638 resized
20190914 101204 resized
20190914 103005 resized

Added a Dahlback/lehmann style intake manifold over the weekend. Had to lengthen the tps wiring by about 3-4" to allow it to reach without being over stretched which I kinda thought would be the case given the lay out of how it sits, finished it off in black crinkle.
20190930 133753 resized 1
20190930 122543 resized

I'm still to install the cat cams vernier pulley, agn inlet cam & devils own fail safe so I can run meth dependant safely (hopefully) I'd like to have this done by the end of the month but we'll have to see lol

Reactions: hydro s3
Good progress mate, the engine bays look impressive.... I’m very interested to see what your results are with running a similar set up. Who are you getting to map it?

Coming along mate! Inlet looks great too.

Where did you get the screws/fixings for the battery & coolant engine covers?

Brembos are definitely next on my list.

Cheers bud, I'm not to sure where it'll end up power wise, I haven't really seen anyone push the bbt 418 like ppl do the aet 380, I have even thought about injecting meth into the compressor housing to increase the compressor map profile but I'm a bit paranoid of something failing & spraying meth over a glowing turbo!

I'll head back down to Devil developments to have the map tweaked by Ben.

Reactions: S3AMJ
Coming along mate! Inlet looks great too.

Where did you get the screws/fixings for the battery & coolant engine covers?

Brembos are definitely next on my list.

I got the screws & fixings from paul @cookbot automotive, he does a kit but I think you could probably find a similar product cheaper if you have a look about on the net.

I'll keep a eye out on the fb groups for some brembo as they come up often......did see a refurbished set up for £250 a cpl weeks ago but I'd imagine they went within minutes at that price

I got the screws & fixings from paul @cookbot automotive, he does a kit but I think you could probably find a similar product cheaper if you have a look about on the net.

I'll keep a eye out on the fb groups for some brembo as they come up often......did see a refurbished set up for £250 a cpl weeks ago but I'd imagine they went within minutes at that price

I may have some lined up for £320 which is a little more than I wanted to spend but they do come with discs etc.

I’ll have a scout around for fixings

I have even thought about injecting meth into the compressor housing to increase the compressor map profile but I'm a bit paranoid of something failing & spraying meth over a glowing turbo!

keep meth 30% and below and it wont ignite from ign source

keep meth 30% and below and it wont ignite from ign source
That's the most logical & safest way to do it I reckon.
Have you yourself any experience of injecting into the compressor housing?
I've looked into pre turbo but need to design & have something machined up to make it possible which isnt the end of the world but where as the compressor housing I can just remove & tap the housing to take a nozzle

Thought I'd get the agn inlet cam fitted today, not a big job should be easy enough.........like a ape i managed to break the cam chain tensioner!.
Would've thought the tool would've broken 1st.

How it should look
Screenshot 20191006 200623 Gallery
how mine now looks
20191006 172134 resized
had bit of a melt down on the driveway as these arent cheap to replace, once the rage had subsided I remembered I have another engine in the garage I can rob of its tensioner.
Wont get chance till next wkd to have another go at it.

Reactions: Daniel M
That's sucks mate...landed on a snake again...need to throw a six and land on a ladder!

Hope you get it sorted,you were making such good progress...chin up geezer.

That's the most logical & safest way to do it I reckon.
Have you yourself any experience of injecting into the compressor housing?
I've looked into pre turbo but need to design & have something machined up to make it possible which isnt the end of the world but where as the compressor housing I can just remove & tap the housing to take a nozzle
I've not done it myself, not needed to, but we have a customer who'd done this and we have been involved mapping it etc..

I've not done it myself, not needed to, but we have a customer who'd done this and we have been involved mapping it etc..
Reassuring to know someones actually tried it other than pre turbo.
Was there any findings that it actually was of any benefit at increasing the compressor map?

That's sucks mate...landed on a snake again...need to throw a six and land on a ladder!

Hope you get it sorted,you were making such good progress...chin up geezer.
Cheers bud, it's a small hiccup that can be remedied easily enough.....should've paid more attention to what I was doing though really:readit:

That's bad luck breaking the tensioner, as you say I would have thought the plastic tensioner would break first. I fitted an APG inlet cam to mine a few weeks ago and it's definitely perked up the top end above 6500 rpm it pulls stronger. I have been using virtual dyno to tweak the mapping and straight away there was a 30-40 bhp increase on the top end over anything I ran before the cam. So a very worthwhile mod on my car.