Advanced Key resync

coullstar

Reaction score
Looking for some help. I bought my car at the weekend and the previous owner had said he had never used the spare and the battery had died. He had it about 2 years.
I checked and the battery was in the wrong was round so I put it in correctly and the LED now flashes. The manual key works in the locks so I do believe it's the spare for the car.

However I've tried every sync procedures with no success and reset the convenience module as well after finding another thread with no luck.

The car is showing 1/1 when set button is pressed so I'm assuming that means only one key is known by the car and I'm going to have to get other key reprogrammed? Is that correct and is this dealer only stuff?

Now that "1/1" is what the car thinks, yes, I'd expect this is a dealer job and comms with Audi mothership.

Edit:- does seem a bit weird that someone has requested that that u/s key was removed though - very strange, I would have expected that that 2nd key even though it was u/s would have been left in the car's memory.