Advice about stage 2 (shark)

Gfermer

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is running the shark stage 2 with the hpfp? The reason I ask is my plans were stage 2 so I'm currently running a custom stage 1 almost stage 2 power and the car seems to be fine I'm still on the standard clutch so Ben has tweaked it down a bit till I can get my clutch and flywheel upgraded, but Ive been reading a lot about fuelling issues with stage 2 so my plans basically are fit clutch flywheel then loba hpfp and get the stage 2 I want would it work well? Ill prob make the trip down again and get it custom map on the rr I know I'm going to get told go stage 2+ but stage 2 is where I'm drawing the line the car will be quick enough for what I use it for and I want coilovers on It and maybe try pick up a cooler if one is cheap enough as I'm going to the nurburgring next year so would maybe help if its hot, if I was going stage2+ I would want my brakes done aswell so it's maybe something for the future but not next year as I've not got other plans any help would be great it's nice to get some varied opinions / experience on it thanks

For stage 2 you need a Turbo back exhaust & Cold air intake, then all of that plus a HPFP for stage 3 Shark or 2+ Revo, plus a clutch.

Yeah Ive got a miltek on and revo cai and I've been to shark already got a custom map till my clutch get fitted next year car is off the road for winter so no point on doing much more till good weather next year, just wondering what the stage 2 shark would be like worn the hpfp as I've seen people having issues with Mid range due to the fuel pump ( mainly revo) so asking basically if shark has the same problem. Stage 2 would suite me perfect stage 2+ or stage 3 what ever shark one is, is something that I don't think ill do tbh

If I'm correct that's usually the fuel valve. RS4 fuel valve solves that.

I thought it was the pump that struggles and thing over stage 1? I've done alot of searches Etc trying to get as much info and learn as much as possible as come start of next year ill be ordering all my stuff going to ring round get some prices

Yeah Ive got a miltek on and revo cai and I've been to shark already got a custom map till my clutch get fitted next year car is off the road for winter so no point on doing much more till good weather next year, just wondering what the stage 2 shark would be like worn the hpfp as I've seen people having issues with Mid range due to the fuel pump ( mainly revo) so asking basically if shark has the same problem. Stage 2 would suite me perfect stage 2+ or stage 3 what ever shark one is, is something that I don't think ill do tbh
Why not just uprate the clutch and get the HPFP and put a shark stage 3 or revo 2+ map on it, im confused as to why you dont want to do this, with those upgrades the car will run at its optimum level for the 360BHP + performance figures.

From what i understand with the HPFP you'll see a huge midrange torque increase as the stage 2/2+/3 maps are designed to do this, its not all about peak figures, from what ive gathered a stage 2 map is completly pointless and for the extra £600ish you might aswell stick a pump on and go to the next stage.

Stage 2 is kind of pointless as its only a 15bhp increase.....There is a slight increase in power but nothing compared to stock>Stage 1. I did mine to Stage 2 just so I could do afew tests on it and see how far I could take it before needing to upgrade components. Still on standard clutch and fuel pump ATM and it runs perfect. It doesnt get thrashed every day and I dont drag the clutch or do standing still launches. The difference with the Loba HPFP (which is far superior than the Autotech internals) is not necessarily mid range torque....yes you will feel the increase in torque but its the fuel delivery that is much better and its smoother too and you wont get fuel starvation either.

Yeah I know it seems silly putting clutch and the pump on and not going stage 3, but if I was going stage 3 I would be doing my brakes and cooler first just personal preference I suppose that's why I want stage 2 at the moment and to me the pump seems like a good thing if its going to help with fuel delivery then I've always got it there if I wanna go further in future, I'm not to bothered about going that much power I know it's only another 20/30 bhp more but at the end of the day it's still that bit more, and at stage 3 seems to it's limits so would rather hang back from there and have it running safer if that makes any sense

Do you rekon stage 2 with what I've said would be good then mark? My car is already almost as quick as I need and I'm not far off stage 2 so to me just seems perfect

I thought it was the pump that struggles and thing over stage 1? I've done alot of searches Etc trying to get as much info and learn as much as possible as come start of next year ill be ordering all my stuff going to ring round get some prices

If you've already uprated the fuel pump to hpfp, and you've heard there's a dip in the mid range it's the rs4 fuel valve. I may have mis read the original post.