Advice/Mods for a new S3 owner???

Chi-S3

Reaction score
Hi guys, just bought my 2016 S3 (S-Package) and keen to start customizing it!

Would be greatly appreciated if some current/past owners could give me some advice on the car and ideas for performance/aesthetics mods for it!

Have a few ideas already for mods..it is white with black sunroof so want to vinyl the other half of the roof, full chrome delete (badges, side mirrors etc.), spray the wheels black or maybe new wheels, new exhaust and maybe tune?

Question, you going to remove the badges or get black ones? If so where you going to get blacked badges from? Sorry this doesn't help your situation

Question, you going to remove the badges or get black ones? If so where you going to get blacked badges from? Sorry this doesn't help your situation

I will probably just get them dipped or sprayed black rather than getting new ones..what do you reckon?

Reactions: shaunwo01
Yeah either way mate my honest opinion blacked badges look better than chrome or even no badges.
If you can find them cheap enough probably better than spraying or dipping them yourself. Plus saves you the hassle

Jeez, how big is your wallet?? LOL

The list is endless

• Exterior
If your car isn't a black edition, then there is nothing needed on the exterior I feel bar a Rieger or Maxton front splitter
I also have a gecleant.de wiper bung delete for the rear window.
  • Interior
RS3 interior door handles
Leather extension pack for door arm rests and knee bolsters
  • Suspension, wheels & Brakes
Depends what you want but I have just 25mm H&R springs
Depending on wheels, you can space them
Coilovers if you are wanting extra lowering and can afford the cost
VW Golf Clubsport Discs
Your pad of choice, I have Ferrodo DS2500 but they squeak badly, need to get them sorted
OEM 19" black edition wheels
Michelin PS4S 235/35/19
  • Engine
This is what I have for a guideline

Forge FMIC
Forge Throttle Pipe
VWR600 intake
Revo intake pipe
Revo IS38ETR turbo
Milltek downpipe
Milltek cat back resonated valveless exhaust
RS7/NGK spark plugs
Revo Stage 3 TCU and ECU software
Black coolant and washer jet caps

On the way:

Walbro LPFP
Autotech HPFP internals
Stage 3+ software

As said, depends how far you want to take it and how deep your wallet is (this has taken me over 2 years to do by the way)

Reactions: AlS3BE, oli356, MikeParkin and 2 others
I will probably just get them dipped or sprayed black rather than getting new ones..what do you reckon?
You can get some badges from "fresh Modz UK" on Instagram. £20 for front and rear Audi badges.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: shaunwo01

I dipped all of my badges but trust me, it's a PITA, especially for the front. The rear is quite easy to do since the overspray is simple to get rid off.

After some time I ended up leaving the rear dipped (6 months and still looks as new) and replaced the front with a black glossy one. I recommend you remove the front S3 badge before spraying, much easier to use a toothpick to get rid of the excess then.

Another tip is to use the black plastidip and then a glossifier, looks much better with the rest of the shiny plastics.

Some of the other visual mods I've done are wrapping the mirrors and roof in carbon, carbon interior trim covers including central console, carbon spoiler (looks like the audi OEM one, 6x cheaper from China though).

I'm planning to dip the exhaust black next as the dirt is driving me nuts.

Big tip: ALWAYS use protective painter film to shield the car from the spray and use more than necessary. I ended up spraying the side of the car slightly when I did the wheels the first time and it took me several hours to get rid of it lol.

Exterior of mine

45B63904 74E9 4E11 B756 CD0C8FEA21E4

Reactions: oli356
This is what I have for a guideline

Forge FMIC
Forge Throttle Pipe
VWR600 intake
Revo intake pipe
Revo IS38ETR turbo
Milltek downpipe
Milltek cat back resonated valveless exhaust
RS7/NGK spark plugs
Revo Stage 3 TCU and ECU software
Black coolant and washer jet caps

quite a list. what sort of figures are you getting from that?

quite a list. what sort of figures are you getting from that?

I have a rolling road day booked for 18th May so will find out for sure but I am hoping around 460-480bhp

With regards to other performance figures, my latest Dragy results are:

0-60mph in 3.19s
Quarter mile in 11.17s

I have both LPFP and HPFP arriving this week along with Revo Stage 3+ software to hopefully see a potential increase of 5%

Hey matey - long time!

What suspension are you running?

Just H&R 25mm springs with OEM dampers and ARB's

That's very impressive. Must be awesome when booting it :)

Nice low stance there - me like .
Don't seem to get people watching me drive, but then my drivings not bad enough to need a crash helmet lol !

If you don't have Auto Folding mirrors that's another mod , get your interior trim hydro dipped carbon and you can even get your front grille and center console done too

What’s that like as a daily driver compared to oe?

No different tbh, I live just outside Belfast so all the roads are 30mph - the S3 could be a 1.0L lol but when you want it to go, it shifts!

What are the handles ? Or should I say the differences.

Has a slot in the handle just

img_4796-jpg.131837

Reactions: AlS3BE