Advice needed please audi a7 quattro

Jonesy76

Reaction score
Hi all ive been to view a audi a7 quattro black edition its a 2013 reg and mileage is 96000 full service history so I'm to believe when listening to the engine when started it sounded very tickety to me and but smelly out of the exhaust I've never own a 3ltr audi v6 is this anything to worry about I dont want to be running into lots of cost etc car has a few scratches and stone chips etc onions scratch on the rear passenger door its a black edition on a 2013 plate in white with 96000 and he wants £13450 obviously gonna try knock down price .

Hi all ive been to view a audi a7 quattro black edition its a 2013 reg and mileage is 96000 full service history so I'm to believe when listening to the engine when started it sounded very tickety to me and but smelly out of the exhaust I've never own a 3ltr audi v6 is this anything to worry about I dont want to be running into lots of cost etc car has a few scratches and stone chips etc onions scratch on the rear passenger door its a black edition on a 2013 plate in white with 96000 and he wants £13450 obviously gonna try knock down price .
one of the things I would want to know especially for this car is how often and when was the last gearbox oil change/ maintenance. This, if I am correct, has tiptronic dl501 gearbox. Goodluck

Hi

I just bought mine a few days back a 2015 A7 facelift with 51k miles on it, I started it up opened bonnet and first assumption was this engines f00ked...tickety tick tick like what the hell?

Never heard anything like it, as the car warmed up it calmed down quite a bit.. was purchased From an audi main dealer called 2 different in house mechanics out on 2 different visits and they both said its perfectly fine and that these have loud injectors.

Ive heard a few different ones online and they all sound the same.. Unless you have a intermittent rattle or thudding going on then its something to worry about.

Again for my piece of mind i will take it to a couple of independent mechanics and if they say all sounds good then this is how they are i guess.

Kind Regards
Slapz