Advice needed!...

Gadgeygoo

Reaction score
So I've just had a call from the Audi Dealership (where I put my £500 deposit down on Friday for my black S Line 1.4 TFSI) .. saying that somebody else has already got it.

Apparently he's been trying to get in touch with my mobile (which I lost over the weekend - so I have him my works number, which he also hasnt called). He didn't email me either.

So obviously I'm livid. I've sold my car, I've paid a deposit on a car, yet now he's offering me other A3's which are available instead., even asking if I'll have a 5door?!

What do you guys suggest I do from here? I feel as if the ball is in my court re: haggling for a better deal/better car for the same price. I'm super p**** anyway!!!! :rage::rage::rage:

Has anyone been through this before? Thoughts? II'm in need :disappointed:

Not a nice thing to happen, but sometimes communication can break down and a deposit gets taken twice on the same piece of stock.

Unless you have any reason to think they are being underhand, then I would follow the direction you already have considered, giving them a chance to find you a better spec car for the same price.

Best of luck!

Audi quoted me for my S3 by using the reg etc of a Q3. When I found out I demanded they matched the prices etc of the S3 and they did!!

They mess up a fair bit in my eyes Audi, but they always sort it!!
I even got them to throw in a load of 'goodies' for my trouble!!

Sounds like they made a mistake. Bit ruthless but I would capitalise on it - ask for a better spec 3dr.

As above, stick to the price you saw/agreed to pay and get them to lower the price of a better spec car for your trouble.

lt happens quite often especially at weekends when showrooms are at their busiest,my advice would be let him show you what else is available and take it from there, l am sure they will sweeten the deal a little for you just to keep the sale

Reactions: Scottyg
I'd agree with Jassy - see what else they have to offer. Disappointing clearly, but you could finish up with a better deal. If they offer you something similar, see if they will throw in a couple of services or suchlike.

Reactions: Scottyg
Happened to me once with a land rover discovery.

I ended up with a better spec one and a much better deal.

They should also give you a courtesy car if you need it...

I have had it once as well , disappointing , but there are plenty more fish in the sea ! Nothing you can do about it , I was ****** off when it happened to me as well ...

This must be so frustrating and disappointing.
If you have sold your car on the strength of placing the order ( that's a mighty quick sale!) then I would definitely ask them to get you a courtesy car.
You need to step back and let them try to rectify their mistake. But remember that all they actually have to do is to give you your deposit back. Your best chance of a good deal out of this is to be Mr Reasonable.

Reactions: Gadgeygoo
Thanks for your advice folks, you've made some good points. We went in last night showing our disappointment, and the dealership principle is ringing me back today with some alternatives, so hopefully this will be rectified soon :)

Like RichardT said, they only reeeally have to give me my deposit back.. Which I'd rather not, because I feel like I got a really good deal in the first place.. hence my disappointment I suppose..

Will keep you all posted :) thanks again

Reactions: Jassyo06
So, finally sorted it today!

The dealer principle came back to me today, and said theres a METALLIC black 1.4 TFSI with comfort pack and Privacy glass (factory fitted as opposed to retrofitted which I was getting previously) coming in early next week :). So he's giving me a courtesy car on Friday (when I was supposed to receive the original car) until my new car arrives :). So I've come out better off after all :)

Thanks for everyones advice!

Now I'll cross my fingers and hope my courtesy car is another Audi and not a crap little Aygo or something :'(

Reactions: Martinbanshee, S32B, Scottyg and 2 others
Nice one. Make sure to ask on collection for some 'goodies' for your troubles. For example, ask for the matching keyring etc if you are as sad as I am ;)

Reactions: Gadgeygoo and Jassyo06
So, finally sorted it today!

The dealer principle came back to me today, and said theres a METALLIC black 1.4 TFSI with comfort pack and Privacy glass (factory fitted as opposed to retrofitted which I was getting previously) coming in early next week :). So he's giving me a courtesy car on Friday (when I was supposed to receive the original car) until my new car arrives :). So I've come out better off after all :)

Thanks for everyones advice!

Now I'll cross my fingers and hope my courtesy car is another Audi and not a **** little Aygo or something :'(

Very nice indeed you got a better spec than on the original car minted
Enjoy

Good work! As MatthewA94 says - ask for some goodies! Key rings, one of those Audi "Thermos"-type things etc.

"Soooo....any chance you can throw in some Audi accessories?"

Good outcome. A good dealer will always look after their customers best they can. Things go wrong sometimes which is a fact of life. Best testament of good service is how these things are handled. Enjoy your new car.......bet you can't wait!

As everyone has said; mistakes happen, what defines good customer service is how they deal with it and get you back on side. Sounds like they've done pretty well, enjoy your new A3 :)

Now I'll cross my fingers and hope my courtesy car is another Audi and not a **** little Aygo or something :'(

Push for an RS6 or R8 - gotta be a deal breaker otherwise :busted cop:

Joking, glad you got it sorted and start looking forward to next week!

Reactions: Gadgeygoo and Jassyo06
Reactions: Matthew_S3 and Simon L
So, even further update on this..

It was the dealer principle who pretty much promised the car previously mentioned, hence me writing up about it in glee..

But then the salesman himself rang me a couple days later saying I'll be receiving "1 of 2 cars" and they weren't sure which yet .

So I went in yesterday with my Mrs so she could collect her A1 *pictured * and I could collect my a3 courtesy car, and he revealed that in fact, I'd be receiving the same spec car as before, only the 150ps variant .

I collect the car Monday/wednesday next week and will be sure to upload some pics .
ad4d9db609c39687e19b110ad27207bb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: xBox, Jassyo06 and Daveotto
So, even further update on this..

It was the dealer principle who pretty much promised the car previously mentioned, hence me writing up about it in glee..

But then the salesman himself rang me a couple days later saying I'll be receiving "1 of 2 cars" and they weren't sure which yet .

So I went in yesterday with my Mrs so she could collect her A1 *pictured * and I could collect my a3 courtesy car, and he revealed that in fact, I'd be receiving the same spec car as before, only the 150ps variant .

I collect the car Monday/wednesday next week and will be sure to upload some pics .
ad4d9db609c39687e19b110ad27207bb.jpg

Love the A1 S-Line xenon/drls nice in glacier into the bargain