Advice needed

Stevier88

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on the following issue bare with me gents.

The s3 is back in to Glasgow Audi for the 6th time in 7months of ownership. This time I was getting a free wheel refurb after my haldex packed in resulting in me damaging the alloys.

Few weeks ago I noticed the side skirt had started to come away at the front so asked Audi to have a look while it was in for the refurb. Get a call today saying that there is damage to the underside of the side skirt near the jacking point ( a small scuff down to the paint) and this has caused the skirt to come away so will not be covered under warranty.

Now I know for a fact the scuff wasn't there before I dropped it off as I detailed the car before it went in including the underside of the skirt. I don't have any proof that it wasn't like that before or that it happened at Audi either so don't know where I stand? To be honest I don't have the energy to argue anymore, in total the car has been with them for a total of 30 days, numerous drives with techs, a complaint to Audi uk and time off work to sort all the issues.

Any input would be great!

Glasgow are my local dealer. Never had any issues with them. They always check over the car for damage before taking it in. Was this done?

Not to my knowledge. Dropped the car off last Monday and to today is the only time they have mentioned any damage being present.

Looking for some advice on the following issue bare with me gents.

The s3 is back in to Glasgow Audi for the 6th time in 7months of ownership. This time I was getting a free wheel refurb after my haldex packed in resulting in me damaging the alloys.

Few weeks ago I noticed the side skirt had started to come away at the front so asked Audi to have a look while it was in for the refurb. Get a call today saying that there is damage to the underside of the side skirt near the jacking point ( a small scuff down to the paint) and this has caused the skirt to come away so will not be covered under warranty.

Now I know for a fact the scuff wasn't there before I dropped it off as I detailed the car before it went in including the underside of the skirt. I don't have any proof that it wasn't like that before or that it happened at Audi either so don't know where I stand? To be honest I don't have the energy to argue anymore, in total the car has been with them for a total of 30 days, numerous drives with techs, a complaint to Audi uk and time off work to sort all the issues.

Any input would be great!
I know you are pi**ed off with arguing but your best bet is to complain like 'hell'to Audi UK and see if they will cover the cost of repair.They will be aware of the problems you have had with the car(from new I take it?)..It's not in their interest to p*ss off customers especially the ones who buy new..You have nothing to lose in asking..:shrug:
You might be lucky and get 100% goodwill towards repair or worst you will get some sort of goodwill gesture??
It helps if they know you are a well known 'active' member of Audi Sport forum and that you have a lot of members following this post...
good luck mate..:friends:

Reactions: Scottyg, Rob2k68 and Satory
Yes was new picked it up in September. Into Glasgow Audi today to Pick the car up, had a look at the newly refurbed alloys and....they're still damaged.

This is the damage to the side skirt that has apparently caused it to peal away

Yes was new picked it up in September. Into Glasgow Audi today to Pick the car up, had a look at the newly refurbed alloys and....they're still damaged.

This is the damage to the side skirt that has apparently caused it to peal away

View attachment 89379

Not good at all deal with the alloys firstly and strongly ask the question explaining that it wasn't you who damaged the car.....a smart repair should make good the side skirt damage out of curiosity which salesman sold you the car stevie

Reactions: pburv
This is the state of the seats upon handover this morning.The car was also filthy inside and out

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    927.3 KB · Views: 218
Not good at all deal with the alloys firstly and strongly ask the question explaining that it wasn't you who damaged the car.....a smart repair should make good the side skirt damage out of curiosity which salesman sold you the car stevie
It was purchased from Stirling Audi mate. It has been with them once to replace the resr suspension and haldex issues after Glasgow told me they had been fixed when they hadn't. The only reason I was back at Glasgow was because they offered to refurb my alloys as a good will gesture.

It was purchased from Stirling Audi mate. It has been with them once to replace the resr suspension and haldex issues after Glasgow told me they had been fixed when they hadn't. The only reason I was back at Glasgow was because they offered to refurb my alloys as a good will gesture.

I see! l hope they will come to some amicable conclusion stevie the joy's eh...my boy did say to me awhile back that the saloon was on some rear suspension recall thingy

I see! l hope they will come to some amicable conclusion stevie the joy's eh...my boy did say to me awhile back that the saloon was on some rear suspension recall thingy
Apparently there was a recall on the suspension mounts. Glasgow replaced them but still had issues and refused to replace the shocks. Stirling replaced the shocks no problem and problem gone. Spoken to the front of house manager the service manager and Audi uk so hopefully it can get resolved.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Those seats look a terrible state.

It sounds as though they have just ragged your car based on the broken sill and ruined seats.

Is the broken sill due to them incorrectly using it as a jacking point for hoisting the car up to remove the wheels? 1st thing that came to mind when I saw the pic

When I put my car into any dealer, no matter what for, I do a PDI sheet with them there and then and get them to sign it. They probably think I'm nuts and a total pain in the bum, but I don't care. Means if anything is different on collection I have the proof it wasn't there when they took it from me.
I'd go to Audi Uk with it, as said above. Remind them of the number of days you've had without your car and your next course of action is social media and the press. Worked in my favour before and gets them to sit up and pay attention.

Reactions: Stevier88, Carlos85, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
It does look like it has been caught by the jack. Good news is Glasgow Audi have offered to repair it free of charge, new side skirt fitted in 3 weeks. However they are refusing to take responsibility for the seat. Got an email this morning from the service supervisor saying in not so many words it was caused by myself on the 15min journey home after pick up and that they use seat covers and floor matts and wasn't them.she apologised for the "dust" on and in the car when I picked it up.

This is their use of seat covers and matts & the "dust"

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv
It does look like it has been caught by the jack. Good news is Glasgow Audi have offered to repair it free of charge, new side skirt fitted in 3 weeks. However they are refusing to take responsibility for the seat. Got an email this morning from the service supervisor saying in not so many words it was caused by myself on the 15min journey home after pick up and that they use seat covers and floor matts and wasn't them.she apologised for the "dust" on and in the car when I picked it up.

This is their use of seat covers and matts & the "dust"

View attachment 89472 View attachment 89473 View attachment 89474 View attachment 89475 View attachment 89476 View attachment 89477
They were probably telling the truth about their techs using the seat covers but my guess is the valeters were to blame for the seat and mud stains inside...Still no excuse of course....:gun2:

Reactions: Scottyg and Jassyo06
Why were they only refurbing the wheels when it was part of the car malfunction which caused the damage , surely if your car is a new one you should be getting new wheels through Audi not a refurb .