Advice on anything I should be doing after Turbo re-fit

JNP

Reaction score
Evening,

I had some issues with my Turbo on my 04 8P 2.0 TDI where it was going into limp mode now and again.

I took it back to the garage i bought it off, as it was still under warranty, and they said a hose had come off (perished). so they replaced it and I it seemed fine and then it started happening again.

This time I took it back again and they told me the wastegate valve and something else was damaged so bought a refurbed turbo and fitted it.

All appeared to be fine and dandy (car felt excellent compared to before!) and then it happened again! I took it back and basically said if they don't talk to Audi about it and get it properly sorted out I didnt want the car back.. rah rah etc.

This time round they realised that a meter (can't remember the name now but in relation to the turbo wasn't working also so ordered in a new one and some new seals and fitted them.... "sigh"

The car has been going great the last few days and I think it's all sorted now but I had a quick look on the net about anything I should be doing after replacing a turbo and there are a few things mentioned like changing the oil etc.

Anything you guys think I should be doing after this part replacement???

I was also given a purple Skoda Octavia Estate as a courtesy car which the guys at work named "The Purple Hornet" but hopefully that part of my life is over now....:laugh:

Did you replace the feed pipe? definately change the oil and most importantly warm up and warm down times after been lively with power pedal,i would also advice getting a decent exhaust and decat pipe as they flow the warm air quicker so it does hang around cooking the oil in the turbo equalling keep turbo temps down