Advice on buying A4 B8 2.0L TDI please

Moto#A

Reaction score
Hello to all Audi owners, fans and supporters here!! :chuncky: I'm a newbie here and I am just looking for some advice on buying an Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI .
This is the model that I really like and have my mind set on but I don't know much about them. I have had a few VW Golfs over the years but I'm sure there are some differences between them and the Audi not to mention the age gap.

Im looking for something around 180bhp but would like to know which models of engines are the most tuneable or easiest & safest to remap etc without causing any problems.

I'm looking at 2008 upwards with an approx price bracket of £3000 ‐ £7000 depending on the specs etc.

I would like to know a bit about the different engines that fall into this category and also if there front wheel drive or 4 wheel drive etc.

Reliability and common issues are something else I would like to know about along with how hard is it to find spare parts (from breakers/dismantlers) for the specific models that fall into this category. I don't want something that's going to be hard to find replacement parts for. I'm thinking of buying a 140bhp (or is it 137bhp or 143bhp??) as they are probably more common than the higher power versions, and remapping it to around 180 or a little higher if its safe and won't cause issues. But hopefully someone here can advise me on this.

If anyone can help me out with this I would appreciate it very much. Thanks

Ps. If moderators can find a more suitable section for this topic please feel free to move this there! Thanks :chuncky: