Advice on buying an RS3 8P

SamAkubi

Reaction score
Hi all, I have wanted an Audi RS3 8P since I first started driving 7 years ago. I am finally in a position where I can go and buy my *realistic* dream car. I have owned 2 8Ps before a 1.6FSI and a 2.0TDI. I have been looking online for spec lists but am struggling to find one for the 8P does anyone on here have a list? There are 2 that have caught my eye on autotrader as they seem to have decent spec from what I can tell but its hard to know without knowing the spec list lol. The spec I would like includes Auto lights/Wipers, Bucket seats, roof bars (not essential just like the look of them), Cruise control, BOSE (is this standard on the the RS3?) The ones for sale seem to vary alot between £18k to 22k..

Would someone with a bit more knowledge on these cars have a look at the 2 listings below and tell me if they are good spec or poverty spec? I also can't decide on what colour i like. I know they come in Black, Grey, White, Red and Blue which is my favourite, although i cant find any blue ones for sale and not many black.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...e=Audi&page=2&percentVehiclePriceDeposit=true

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202207268164436?model=RS3&year-to=2013&postcode=ss178bq&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&include-delivery-option=on&sort=distance&make=Audi&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&page=1&percentVehiclePriceDeposit=true

Thanks for reading and any other advice on RS3 8Ps would be great.

Personally for that money I'd find an S3 8V.

I’d avoid Cheshire performance. Lot of so so reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d avoid Cheshire performance. Lot of so so reviews.

Can i ask where you are seeing these reviews? 4.1 stars out of 415 reviews on google doesn't seem that bad, and alot of the bad ones are about the trading in process.

Personally for that money I'd find an S3 8V.
I don't like the 8V interior, plus you see them literally everywhere. I have always liked the 8P RS3 and the fact they are so rare makes it more appealing to me. Plus the 5pot is something i have always wanted.

• Love
Reactions: JayA3sline and 45bvtc
Can i ask where you are seeing these reviews? 4.1 stars out of 415 reviews on google doesn't seem that bad, and alot of the bad ones are about the trading in process.

I don't like the 8V interior, plus you see them literally everywhere. I have always liked the 8P RS3 and the fact they are so rare makes it more appealing to me. Plus the 5pot is something i have always wanted.

Read through them. Latest one was regarding a blue RS3.

If they are a good dealer there shouldn’t be as many if any bad reviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Freeze
Read through them. Latest one was regarding a blue RS3.

If they are a good dealer there shouldn’t be as many if any bad reviews.

I understand what you are saying but i personally consider anything above 4stars is decent enough for you to go and judge for yourself. Even some of the best car dealers i know of have 4.5/4.6 stars.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Hi all, I have wanted an Audi RS3 8P since I first started driving 7 years ago. I am finally in a position where I can go and buy my *realistic* dream car. I have owned 2 8Ps before a 1.6FSI and a 2.0TDI. I have been looking online for spec lists but am struggling to find one for the 8P does anyone on here have a list? There are 2 that have caught my eye on autotrader as they seem to have decent spec from what I can tell but its hard to know without knowing the spec list lol. The spec I would like includes Auto lights/Wipers, Bucket seats, roof bars (not essential just like the look of them), Cruise control, BOSE (is this standard on the the RS3?) The ones for sale seem to vary alot between £18k to 22k..

Would someone with a bit more knowledge on these cars have a look at the 2 listings below and tell me if they are good spec or poverty spec? I also can't decide on what colour i like. I know they come in Black, Grey, White, Red and Blue which is my favourite, although i cant find any blue ones for sale and not many black.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202201271847790?postcode=ss178bq&sort=distance&include-delivery-option=on&advertising-location=at_cars&year-to=2013&radius=1500&model=RS3&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&make=Audi&page=2&percentVehiclePriceDeposit=true

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202207268164436?model=RS3&year-to=2013&postcode=ss178bq&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&include-delivery-option=on&sort=distance&make=Audi&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&page=1&percentVehiclePriceDeposit=true

Thanks for reading and any other advice on RS3 8Ps would be great.

Of the two the white one on Autotrader and for why: it doesn't appear to have been messed with, still has front number plate mounting, on original spec tyres, original exhaust, brakes look clean and on…

PM me if you need original Pricing and Specification guide 2011

Oh and I much prefer the 8P RS3.

Here's ours being let out 22nd October 2011 (see: https://www.dkeng.co.uk/Vehicle_Archive/219/audi_rs3.html):

RS3 3 Out of the cage 2

We still have it… :friends:

Thanks @45bvtc, i can't decide if i prefer the grey or white. Also i can't seem to pm you, maybe because i am a new member? But the original spec sheet would be great as i can't find one anywhere. Would you consider the white one a good spec? Looking on autotrader there is not much choice out there. Definantly do not like red which unfortunately seems to be half of them for sale.

P.S your RS3 looks amazing, best colour in my opinion.

Thanks @45bvtc, i can't decide if i prefer the grey or white. Also i can't seem to pm you, maybe because i am a new member? But the original spec sheet would be great as i can't find one anywhere. Would you consider the white one a good spec? Looking on autotrader there is not much choice out there. Definantly do not like red which unfortunately seems to be half of them for sale.

P.S your RS3 looks amazing, best colour in my opinion.

I do like both the Daytona Grey and Ibis White, it's all down to choice, and I've seen most on my driveway (this is not my driveway, lol) but just to compare:

BLUE GREY RS3
However, you asked "2 listings below and tell me if they are good spec or poverty spec?" Both are as I would expect for the 'original' batch of 250 UK cars. The second batch of 500 UK cars had less i.e., the 8P parts bins were empty! MUST remember the 8P RS3 came after the 8V cars were introducedso AUDI had lost of 8P parts left over and used 'em to test an RS3 market and for sure did not expect ALL to be sold virtually overnight.

See:

My issue with that Daytona Grey 8P RS3 you've listed is the non OEM/Standard air inlet filter and exhaust.

Me, I'd get the most STANDARD as close to OEM spec I can get my hands on and that white 8P RS3 looks pretty close.

I have sent a PM to you...

Last edited:
And then Ibis White and Cornflower blue (on my drive), you decide:

BLUE WHITE RS3

Just respond via email to my PM and I'll send you the Pricing and Specification Guide and then you can decide "good spec or poverty spec?"

Last edited:
Reactions: SamAkubi and Kelza
And here's Cornflower and Sepang blue:

Sepang and Cornflower 8P RS3

Forget the colour, just get an 'early' 8P RS3, an amazingly good road-machine, I love 'em... :yahoo:

Reactions: SamAkubi, Mr Freeze and Kelza
May let mine go xclusive red RS3 buckets, fully forged.. 10s of 000s spent drop me a message.

RS3 8P all the way.
Check out my Instagram for things that can be done to the 8P that is thinking outside the box. Jay_rs3.

Reactions: 8YARWY and 45bvtc

RUTHIN - 8P RS3 meet Sunday March 17th 2013 - just a few photos as a reminder to them that were there - and for them that were not:

Colours available 2
Colours available 4

ARRIVAL GROUP 887

TRACK LINE UP 8

RUTHIN ON Track

Just search for RUTHIN here on ASN for more info and pics

Reactions: Kelza and Frizzley
PS: I know this is 8P RS3, and 'WE' have 'OUR' 8P RS3 and FOR SURE will be keeping it 'ALWAYS' and 'FOREVER,' thank you. BUT as I'm way to old to care now (closer to 80-years of age that 70, lol - you'll know if you get close to SQUIFFY's back end!) I still do find a 2016 AUDI SQ5 BiTDi (SQUIFFY) a way more exciting machine to 'chuck' around them Welsh roads than an RS3! Like so, yesterday, a wee Barmouth run! A photo taken for anothe ASN member if only to prove I was making the 250-mile day run:

SQ5 Barmouth 3

For you guys thinking 8P RS3, and sadly any other varient, do cosider one of there 'animals.' Another of 'OURS' I'll not be selling...

SQ5 Barmouth 7

Gotta love an SQ5, 2016 only! mind. As with the RS3 later doesn't necessarily mean better on the road!

Last edited:
Reactions: -Ju-
PS: I know this is 8P RS3, and 'WE' have 'OUR' 8P RS3 and FOR SURE will be keeping it 'ALWAYS' and 'FOREVER,' thank you. BUT as I'm way to old to care now (closer to 80-years of age that 70, lol - you'll know if you get close to SQUIFFY's back end!) I still do find a 2016 AUDI SQ5 BiTDi (SQUIFFY) a way more exciting machine to 'chuck' around them Welsh roads than an RS3! Like so, yesterday, a wee Barmouth run! A photo taken for anothe ASN member if only to prove I was making the 250-mile day run:

View attachment 258030

For you guys thinking 8P RS3, and sadly any other varient, do cosider one of there 'animals.' Another of 'OURS' I'll not be selling...

View attachment 258031

Gotta love an SQ5, 2016 only! mind. As with the RS3 later doesn't necessarily mean better on the road!
Looking great as always John and hope your doing well
Sometimes I miss our SQ5 a little but wouldn't swap the RSQ3 for one.
I'd love an 8P RS3 and always will but need an SUV so the RSQ3 is the best of both worlds

Looking great as always John and hope your doing well
Sometimes I miss our SQ5 a little but wouldn't swap the RSQ3 for one.
I'd love an 8P RS3 and always will but need an SUV so the RSQ3 is the best of both worlds

Thank you, Ju; I'm OK, ish. 42-weeks and 1-day now and still crying, lots!

I agree 100% with the RSQ3 but being MOST fortunate to have both sides of the RSQ3 with OUR SQ5 and RS3, PLUS OUR TT roadster for nice days, it is great to get out in each and enjoy the differences, and I do:

As of today they will ALL THREE be ours till I go....

Oh, same spot, 10-years apart: RS3 February 2012, SNOWDON side of Capel Curig and the TT August 2022, same pull in:

Trees have grown some since but BLUEY still looks.... :thumbs up:

I'll help anyone with an 8P RS3, you know that...
P1010697 Capel CurigCapel Curig P1010773

Attachments

• TT Capel Curig.JPG
    TT Capel Curig.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Freeze
Not sure if you're still looking, but there's a lovely mica blue one for sale on pistonheads at the moment with the bucket seats. Definitely one to have a look at

Not sure if you're still looking, but there's a lovely mica blue one for sale on pistonheads at the moment with the bucket seats. Definitely one to have a look at
Hi Simon, I actually went to view this one but it unfortunately wasn't for me. I ended up picking up an Ibis white RS3 later that day. Very happy with it, currently sorting out insurance today to be able to take it out for a proper spin. Thank you to everyone who has responded to my post so far. :icon thumright:

Hi Simon, I actually went to view this one but it unfortunately wasn't for me. I ended up picking up an Ibis white RS3 later that day. Very happy with it, currently sorting out insurance today to be able to take it out for a proper spin. Thank you to everyone who has responded to my post so far. :icon thumright:
What was wrong with the mica blue one as that is a lovely colour?

What was wrong with the mica blue one as that is a lovely colour?
You could go for it, Ju, and realized (or remember) why we added our SQ5 BiTDi and not an RSQ3.

Out in Bluey today - ours forever :friends:

IMG 20220901 WA0000

And this 'IS' a today 01/09/2022 @ 11.52 photo :yahoo:of a 30/JUNE/2011 build Audi 8P RS3 (having just crept over 15000-miles), tsk. Will be trying harder to get more miles on, promise...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelza
Lol John......The RSQ3 is a great machine mate best of both worlds.

Sometimes I miss the size and cruising pleasure of the SQ5 but every trip in the RS is a joy, even just to the shop for some milk lol

• Love
Lol John......The RSQ3 is a great machine mate best of both worlds.

Sometimes I miss the size and cruising pleasure of the SQ5 but every trip in the RS is a joy, even just to the shop for some milk lol
Brilliant Ju, I thought 'your' response might be QUICK :respekt:

I'm with you, would have one of each if I'd the space; but BLUEY has done just 138-miles since last MOT (due next week) and the TT not much better at 475-miles: thing is, to get either out of the garage I have to move the SQ5 and while doing that think OMG why bother. For sure I can 'play' with the SQ5 against most other road-going machinery, no worries. I find our SQ5 BiTDi a mega chuckable tool that'll surprise most who want to 'play'... :racer:

And I love out TT, too; a different animal but for sure rewards on input: :racer: And just GREAT with the roof down mid-Wales....

Last edited:
I enjoyed my time with the SQ5 and I always turn my head when I see one knowing how good it is

In an ideal world I'd have all 3.....8R SQ5, 8U RSQ3 and an 8P RS3 but the reality is one car is where it's at for us and I know your situation is very different and I do sympathise with you.

Maybe in the future if the stars align I'll scratch that 8P RS3 itch but the RSQ3 is just perfect ATM

• Love
I enjoyed my time with the SQ5 and I always turn my head when I see one knowing how good it is

In an ideal world I'd have all 3.....8R SQ5, 8U RSQ3 and an 8P RS3 but the reality is one car is where it's at for us and I know your situation is very different and I do sympathise with you.

Maybe in the future if the stars align I'll scratch that 8P RS3 itch but the RSQ3 is just perfect ATM
My wish for you! Anytime you're near come play...

I DO enjoy the difference....

Last edited:
Reactions: -Ju-
Awesome, well done! Glad you got one you're happy with!

Another cheshire performance gem.
Avoid these at all costs.
FAB68AB7 1785 48A6 8FBE 928BB17D82C6

0999BAA1 29D7 410D 8CD8 79C119FCD858
9E35E284 599A 424F 88A6 56891F736A0E
80F6A8D0 58B1 40CD 947B 0E258D5FB1C4
572A4BD4 B860 4D17 95D5 A8608723E08F

Reminds me long ago in Italy & we went hunting for a vag car & luckily I took my diag tools as they had clocked probably all the cars, with admissions of an engine replaced after questioning them on my scan results, got out of there sharply, it was clearly mafia related setup as it was a very classy place, act & in Italy you don't get places like that in that area unless it's a main dealer or organised crime & it wasn't the former.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Reminds me long ago in Italy & we went hunting for a vag car & luckily I took my diag tools as they had clocked probably all the cars, with admissions of an engine replaced after questioning them on my scan results, got out of there sharply, it was clearly mafia related setup as it was a very classy place, act & in Italy you don't get places like that in that area unless it's a main dealer or organised crime & it wasn't the former.

I knew the place was up to no good, as it’s fairly local to me so you get a ‘feel’ for these things after speaking to people you know in the motor trade.
Hence my comments after the OP.