Advice on fabricating a GMBH Lower centre grille?

Dan TheMan Welburn

Reaction score
Cant seem to find one anywhere so im thinking of fabricating one, but what im after advice on is materials? Obviously theres a number of different grille mesh out there, would it be best to use abs plastic stuff or is the aluminium stuff just as good? and also what can I use to make a surround?

All advice and ideas welcome..

That's what I thought, plan is to fabricate one so I can get bumper on and standard se sold on, and crack on with bodywork on the car and then pick a proper grille up as and when the right one becomes available at a decent price,

I put GmbH on an se upper, which wasn't bad tbh. Bought the fog grilles at £20 each
im just running no lower centre as I can't afford it yet.
I was going to make one like yourself. But the money if spend on that would be te price of the paint I need for my bumpers and wings.

I've been looking for 6months and only seen one on eBay.
So I will be buying new, good look with the fond though mate.

as for materials, try eBay. Maybe make a metal frame from mild steel half inch plate (3mm thick) and tack weld mesh onto it
(Quick brain storm for ya) lol

Not paying Tps or audis prices for it at the minute mate, near £100 for that is extortion, hence the fabrication idea till I find a used one,

I would of been going down that route if I didn't find my full bumper on ebay for 80quid delivered, had fogs bumper bar, fog grilles just no lower centre, and doodah I think that's the stock lower centre from the SE models?