Advice on first detailing with re-sprayed A3

J8TT X

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to this detailing world and would like some advice please.
I have just had my black A3 re-sprayed, and would like to get into a habit of keeping it clean and protected.

I have the following at my disposal:
Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax Shampoo
Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax
Meguiars Endurance Tyre Dressing
(All from Meguiars starter pack)

Plus
Pressure Washer
2 Buckets with Grit Guards
Couple of Lambswool Wash Mitts
Couple of microfibre cloths
Microfibre wax applicator pad

I know there's millions of different products to try and everyone has there personal preferences, but is the above enough to keep the paint work looking like new?

Am I right in thinking I don't need to clay as it has just been re-sprayed?
Looking at getting AG HD wax but budget is tight at the moment, so will get that next month.

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks

some people prefer the dodo juice waxes, you can by sample pots which will go over a medium sized car a fair few times. this way you can test what wax u prefer.

What you have is fine and I'm a big fan of not blowing the budget on new stuff unless you have to. :) What I would say is I believe you are supposed to leave freshly resprayed panels for something like 4-6 weeks before applying a wax or sealant. This is to allow the paint to finish curing which some people call "gassing" or "gassing out". Have a google or speak to wherever did the work for you and see what they say.

What you have is fine and I'm a big fan of not blowing the budget on new stuff unless you have to. :) What I would say is I believe you are supposed to leave freshly resprayed panels for something like 4-6 weeks before applying a wax or sealant. This is to allow the paint to finish curing which some people call "gassing" or "gassing out". Have a google or speak to wherever did the work for you and see what they say.

Thanks Scotty,

Didn't know that, will pop down this weekend and ask them.

+1

I'd suggest you buy a clay bar anyway - unless it was a complete trim/glass out respray then there will most likely be overspray on trim rubbers, glass etc.

Don't clay the paintwork, for at least 6 weeks and I'd say leave it 10 to be safe

You can make your own lube for the clay bar from car shampoo - dilute 1:25 with water ina spray bottle. Have a look at www.polishedbliss.co.uk for clay bars, but don't get carried away with your shopping cart !

I'd suggest you buy a clay bar anyway - unless it was a complete trim/glass out respray then there will most likely be overspray on trim rubbers, glass etc.

Good idea, I'll do the Plastic Trims and Glass while I wait for the paint to cure.